Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

20240807_001839.thumb.jpg.46fbf01b9da4614d89b94298767dbdff.jpg

Gone from the board: Source Audio Ultrawave Bass, Joyo Tidal Wave

New on the board: Dirty Haggard Audio Broken

The ultrawave was great (for digital) and the Tidal Wave is also an awesome bit of kit, bit for what I do it was too dark and the ultrawave too much effort to program.

I'll reserve judgement until I gig the "Broken" but through headphones it sounds FILTHY! 

JPTR FX Jive as an always on sweetener, call76 always on, and drive duties now handled by the Joyo Monomyth.

Edited by thisisswanbon
  • Like 8

On 04/08/2024 at 12:36, mike f said:

Mind the gap! 
All comments welcome.

IMG_4845.jpeg

Regarding my own post, yeah I know, how’s about some suggestions for what I could fill the chasm-like space with?
Anything goes (and currently I’d like to add a delay and flanger) so fill your boots.
Basschatters, do your thing!

@mike f all down to personal preference, but I'd be tempted to bring the weird... a ring modulator or something? And/or incorporate an expression pedal since you have space... You can then choose a delay (or another effect) which takes Exp input. I use a Memory Boy with Exp but there's plenty of other options.

• Like 1

@Homatron A ring modulator might be touch too weird but I like your thinking.

An expression pedal (that doubles as a volume pedal. Is there such a thing?) linked to a delay pedal is a cracking idea. And maybe drop that flanger I’m after into the last bit of space. 👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mike f said:

Regarding my own post, yeah I know, how’s about some suggestions for what I could fill the chasm-like space with?
Anything goes (and currently I’d like to add a delay and flanger) so fill your boots.
Basschatters, do your thing!

Always room for a TC Flashback. I notice there’s no phaser… a most underrated bit of kit, I’ve got the Aguilar Grape and it’s super funky. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mike f said:

@Boodang it’ll either be the Flashback or the Boss DD8. Still undecided.

I actually own a 1980/1 EHX Small Stone but it just takes too much low end away. Maybe I need a Line Selector too?

In addition to the Aguilar Grape, I've also got a Warm Audio Mutation, both of which are great with bass. I thought that running both in series would just be a mess but actually is really funky. The warm audio is a bigger pedal and would take up a fair bit of your spare pedal board space, so good value in that respect! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boodang said:

In addition to the Aguilar Grape, I've also got a Warm Audio Mutation, both of which are great with bass. I thought that running both in series would just be a mess but actually is really funky. The warm audio is a bigger pedal and would take up a fair bit of your spare pedal board space, so good value in that respect! 

The Warm Audio Mutation is one good sounding pedal for sure. Looks cool too! Hmmm, flanger, phaser, flanger, phaser. What to do?

42 minutes ago, krispn said:

How’s the chorus? Keep thinking about getting one to try out but no idea what to go for. 

Trust me, I've tried so many chorus pedals and this is the best.

Small changes to my latest incarnation of my board....completely changed the drive section with the megalith and MBD and added a DI as a back up/ to accompany a smaller power amp set up in the future. 

Input is via the origin Cali in front of the switcher, Bassrig runs from the output of the switcher. Everything else in between. 

Pretty happy with my attempt at cabling as well for a change.... Best I've managed I think.

DSC_3082.thumb.JPG.09e68eba7b376451dd2134c2594e9792.JPG

_20240811_112433.thumb.JPG.b03d81cc1218db3b9ae9d1b2bcfd87db.JPG

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Small changes to my latest incarnation of my board....completely changed the drive section with the megalith and MBD and added a DI as a back up/ to accompany a smaller power amp set up in the future. 

Input is via the origin Cali in front of the switcher, Bassrig runs from the output of the switcher. Everything else in between. 

Pretty happy with my attempt at cabling as well for a change.... Best I've managed I think.

DSC_3082.thumb.JPG.09e68eba7b376451dd2134c2594e9792.JPG

_20240811_112433.thumb.JPG.b03d81cc1218db3b9ae9d1b2bcfd87db.JPG

What do the expression pedals do?

7 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Just a volume to help with swells and gain staging and a mini wah. I haven't explored messing with the Volante/ h9 / atom expression set ups tbh. 

Ive only just started to explore my h9 - I got a patch playing an arpeggiated 3rd, 5th octave and had a thought I could set the footswitch to switch from major to minor 3rd! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Ive only just started to explore my h9 - I got a patch playing an arpeggiated 3rd, 5th octave and had a thought I could set the footswitch to switch from major to minor 3rd! 

Sounds cool. I've not got anywhere near that sort of functionality. I should probably spend more time with it - it's a wicked unit and I love the app.