Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

5 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Sounds cool. I've not got anywhere near that sort of functionality. I should probably spend more time with it - it's a wicked unit and I love the app.

I quite like the ability to put in the signal chain twice, probably not relevant with the switching box 

I have been using my Zoom B6 for the first half of the year as the nature of the Hulla band gigs has meant I've needed a few rapid changes.  (From the dirty Squire-esque sound I've been using on 'Town Called Malice' and 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' to a psychadelic flange/phase on our version of 'Sweet Child of Mine' (which follows the Sheryl Crow style rather the the G'n'R original) and clean P Bass sounds for the Motown numbers. But the gigs lined up for the second half of the year are shorter and the set lists less varied. Coupled with smaller venues (we're usually a 13 piece) I've decided to down size to a small board which I'm currently using in rehearsals.

P1130438.JPG.b9d85eb59026af93d6ea915b6e50ed4c.JPG

The goal is to end up with just the MS60b although I do like the sound of the Ampeg. Our sound guy has a shelving filter on my channel which negates the need for the Broughton H24. The DI is there so I am self contained (for most Hulla gigs I DI and use IEM but one gig coming up is a multi band line up and we're not in charge of the sound, so I may be using back-line and/or DI-ing). The MS60b gives me a clean channel, tuning/mute, a filter and chorus.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Chadu25 said:

Back to nano board going for a more compact setup. Here’s my utility board. 

IMG_5368.jpeg
IMG_5371.thumb.jpeg.387e974fa7286ba772df0c0155973e83.jpeg

I love this board. I'm scared of the stomp though, but well interested in a capo....albeit it looks pretty pricey! Think Ian Allison uses a similar set up? 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

I love this board. I'm scared of the stomp though, but well interested in a capo....albeit it looks pretty pricey! Think Ian Allison uses a similar set up? 

the Capo has been amazing for me. Has been the meat and potato of my bass tone. So does the Stomp. Yeah this setup was highly inspired by IMA. Grinded with freelance gigs here and there to get this setup. Loving it so far!

Edited by Chadu25
  • Like 3

I replaced the HX FX and the normal Stomp with the Stomp XL.

The musicom labs mk5 looper (in other words all individual Stomp boxes) are in the first effects loop of the XL and the mighty VENTRIS in the second.

the mk5 allows me to change the order of the individual pedals, so that there aren’t any real limitations sound wise.

I’m so very pleased, and the whole setup weighs more than 3 pounds less, which is a nice bonus! 🚀

IMG_3256.thumb.jpeg.d7d8d71cb478dd199180307497d86274.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, keziahj said:

I replaced the HX FX and the normal Stomp with the Stomp XL.

The musicom labs mk5 looper (in other words all individual Stomp boxes) are in the first effects loop of the XL and the mighty VENTRIS in the second.

the mk5 allows me to change the order of the individual pedals, so that there aren’t any real limitations sound wise.

I’m so very pleased, and the whole setup weighs more than 3 pounds less, which is a nice bonus! 🚀

IMG_3256.thumb.jpeg.d7d8d71cb478dd199180307497d86274.jpeg

I'd love to hear the music you play through that!

• Like 1

On 16/08/2024 at 19:42, 0175westwood29 said:

IMG_1344.thumb.jpeg.92b36c676016cfd7925144b6be60cd0b.jpeg

C36B024A-22D8-4B58-8DBE-9F1E697B0E6C.thumb.jpeg.711d82d82f080db6dd39d99700816afc.jpeg

added this beauty onto the board!! 

Do you mind sharing your thoughts about the JFX? And what are the dimensions of the enclosure? 

2 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

It’s really great sounding, def a great version of the moog

its about the size of the hx stomp 

Thanks! Could you maybe measure the enclosure for me? There is no information about it on the JFX website but I'm playing pedalboard tetris and need to know whether the JFX might fit in a gap. 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lunoxx said:

Thanks! Could you maybe measure the enclosure for me? There is no information about it on the JFX website but I'm playing pedalboard tetris and need to know whether the JFX might fit in a gap. 😁

I’ll give it a measure when I can 

First gig with the latest incarnation of the board that tries to solve the problem of having a bass and EUB with two very different outputs levels and not having to unplug/plug in mid gig.  Got choice of either using the variable pad on the bigshot or the boost on the subway (I used the latter).  Worked well though I could do with tidying up the in/out cabling routes.   There's an MXR mini iso brick underneath providing the power.

PXL_20240823_202743450.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Edenburgh said:

First gig with the latest incarnation of the board that tries to solve the problem of having a bass and EUB with two very different outputs levels and not having to unplug/plug in mid gig.  Got choice of either using the variable pad on the bigshot or the boost on the subway (I used the latter).  Worked well though I could do with tidying up the in/out cabling routes.   There's an MXR mini iso brick underneath providing the power.

PXL_20240823_202743450.jpg

I have a Basswitch EQ DI if you fancy a loaner to see if it’s any use but looks like a good solution with the mesa. It has a ton of features and options including A/B inputs impedance switch on the input boost mute full eq etc

Bit of an issue with iteration #17365019

Recently got the Jam Dyna-ssor, and I LOVE what it does to my clean tone, but hate what it does going into my fuzz, octabvre and ultrawave.

Kicked the ultrawave off the board and moved the dyna-ssor to the end of my chain (which made the Broken sound HUGE) but it still makes my octabvre sound muddy. At the moment I'm stomping one off as I stomp the other on, but hate doing that. Any suggestions???

20240823_234330.thumb.jpg.7d9ff50f9af11d7b821dad9bb5d45745.jpg

• Like 6

Still a rebuild in progress again. 
The Darkglass is linked in, but not used. 
So with what I’m doing now, the board is all about enhancement, rather that any specific effects.

Sorry the picture is on the wonk- can’t seem to get it turned arIMG_0503.thumb.jpeg.54ee5ebc0db42b8429b4ff500e229334.jpegound 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, krispn said:

I have a Basswitch EQ DI if you fancy a loaner to see if it’s any use but looks like a good solution with the mesa. It has a ton of features and options including A/B inputs impedance switch on the input boost mute full eq etc

Hiya,  that's a very kind offer and very much appreciated however I suspect it will simply fuel further GAS!    Will continue to tweak the existing setup for now as it does work quite well, more about fine tuning the levels and just need the luxury of some time and teeny blobs of Tipex (does that still exist?) to mark the spots for the dials.

15 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

Bit of an issue with iteration #17365019

Recently got the Jam Dyna-ssor, and I LOVE what it does to my clean tone, but hate what it does going into my fuzz, octabvre and ultrawave.

Kicked the ultrawave off the board and moved the dyna-ssor to the end of my chain (which made the Broken sound HUGE) but it still makes my octabvre sound muddy. At the moment I'm stomping one off as I stomp the other on, but hate doing that. Any suggestions???

20240823_234330.thumb.jpg.7d9ff50f9af11d7b821dad9bb5d45745.jpg

Could you not compress after octave ultra wave and fuzz? 

I used to use my zoom B3 for occasional effects, and separate pedals for drive/grit, distortion, compressor, tuner etc, but when I upgraded to the B2 Four earlier this year, I tried to pretty much do it all within that unit, because TBF it does have great drives and preamps. I've been struggling to get it exactly where I want it though, so I decided today to ditch my wah as I wasn't really using it, and bring the MXR Bass DI+ back on. HOLY FUDGE I never should have taken it off in the first place! It sounds so good for my needs, and seems to work incredibly with my Buddha Chakra compressor. Using the clean channel as a clean boost is an added bonus too. Very happy with my sound today, and it won't be leaving my board again!

PXL_20240824_150237426.jpg

PXL_20240824_150240997.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Could you not compress after octave ultra wave and fuzz? 

I thought that, but it still kills all of the attack on my octave and brings up all the mud. I've come up with a solution splitting my synth stuff to one loop and clean/fuzz to another using an LS2 clone - think I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too...