Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

7 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

I thought that, but it still kills all of the attack on my octave and brings up all the mud. I've come up with a solution splitting my synth stuff to one loop and clean/fuzz to another using an LS2 clone - think I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too...

I know it's supposed to be a good pedal, and just sound 'great', but I think these sort of issues are always going to be a risk with a comp that has so few controls (dyna-comp style). You can't specifically adjust the attack threshold or actual compression level. 

Have you tried turning the sustain right down, and gradually increasing until you hit the problem point? Just wondering if it'll work if you can keep it under that point? Good luck anyway 😊

I recently put together a few new boards. I know that themed or manufacturer-specific boards can split opinion but, as mentioned on a prior post, messing around with pedals is my main outlet and I've been itching to put these boards together for a while.

EAE board - some of you have seen a few other manufacturer-specific boards I've put together but, with the exception of the Broughton board which covers all bases, this one is the most versatile (if only EAE made a flanger and a compressor...).

0xEAE Fuzz > Longsword > Halberd > Bard > Mother > Model FeT > Prismatic Wall > Sending > Hypersleep

EAEBoard.thumb.jpg.22b512d26a5ada690234cd3415973019.jpg

Heavy board - I've wanted to put this together for ages. It's not as versatile as some of the other boards I've put together but it's remarkably heavy and can be used in conjunction with a specific (smaller) modulation board.

Dirtfixer (Wizard in the loop) > MBD2 > Bluebeard > > Chungus > MBD(3) > Iron Pig > Parabellum v2 > Life v3 > Oprichniki > Bass Mountain > Hellraiser > DA-120

HeavyBoard.thumb.jpg.d7276b4b228bdd46816a18948ec6dc31.jpg

Colourful board - this is a labour of love for me and contains some of my most cherished pedals (including the first present my partner ever bought me), some customs and a few one-offs from some of my favourite builders.

PDR > POIROC2 > MAE Forever > SubT > DubT > FMeron > Zero Fret > Divaricator > Polytope > Ampigole > Malombra > Arcing Prisms > Chromatron > Delay Llama > Barbenloris > Melt > Mocking Blur > Count-to-5 > Nimbus SE

ColourfulBoard.thumb.jpg.ffd6c78f125949a0d73174167a9d7df5.jpg

• Like 21

39 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

I recently put together a few new boards. I know that themed or manufacturer-specific boards can split opinion but, as mentioned on a prior post, messing around with pedals is my main outlet and I've been itching to put these boards together for a while.

EAE board - some of you have seen a few other manufacturer-specific boards I've put together but, with the exception of the Broughton board which covers all bases, this one is the most versatile (if only EAE made a flanger and a compressor...).

0xEAE Fuzz > Longsword > Halberd > Bard > Mother > Model FeT > Prismatic Wall > Sending > Hypersleep

Heavy board - I've wanted to put this together for ages. It's not as versatile as some of the other boards I've put together but it's remarkably heavy and can be used in conjunction with a specific (smaller) modulation board.

Dirtfixer (Wizard in the loop) > MBD2 > Bluebeard > > Chungus > MBD(3) > Iron Pig > Parabellum v2 > Life v3 > Oprichniki > Bass Mountain > Hellraiser > DA-120

Colourful board - this is a labour of love for me and contains some of my most cherished pedals (including the first present my partner ever bought me), some customs and a few one-offs from some of my favourite builders.

PDR > POIROC2 > MAE Forever > SubT > DubT > FMeron > Zero Fret > Divaricator > Polytope > Ampigole > Malombra > Arcing Prisms > Chromatron > Delay Llama > Barbenloris > Melt > Mocking Blur > Count-to-5 > Nimbus SE

Absolutely love all of these.....would love to try the heavy board. Epic dude 😎✌️

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, admiralchew said:

🫠

• Thanks 1

Thought i'd add my latest iteration to here after i rebuilt it onto a Templeboard Duo 17. I've got an IO box underneath because the temple mods seem very expensive just do that and it never leaves my bedroom anyway. In - SY-1 - HX Stomp w AO in the loop - M80 just as a DI. I do have space for atleast a couple more pedals though so who knows what else will find it's way on.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by LiamPodmore
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, itu said:

May I ask, what do have in the loop of the Divaricator? Adjustments are very different to mine.

In this board, nothing, I’m using it as an in-line effect. It sounds a bit like wind-chimes on its own but sounds great with a fuzz and octave going through it. How are you using yours?

My favourite thing to use through it has been the Slowly Melting. The Divaricator hits just the frequencies I want and the exciters make for interesting textural changes.

This board is more of a display piece given I have a board set up that does what I wanted. I had a rejig recently though and wanted to put something colourful together. The Divaricator, like the other Iron Ether pedals, are destined back for their own board.

6 hours ago, admiralchew said:

Amazing! I'm really intrigued by the Prismic Wall, though I can't imagine how I'd use it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admiralchew said:

In this board, nothing, I’m using it as an in-line effect. It sounds a bit like wind-chimes on its own but sounds great with a fuzz and octave going through it. How are you using yours?

When there's a need for modulation (usually a flanger) or fuzz. The freq selection at 400 Hz, and no blend. Lows are clear and powerful, and the higher band can push quite a lot of fx, if in need. Surprisingly powerful pedal.

14 hours ago, admiralchew said:

Love the chromatron design! 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Love the chromatron design! 

Thanks very much! The original finish was very battered when I got it and Evan Craig at Dirge Electronics very kindly agreed to refinish it. I’ve loved his style for ages so I was thrilled when he agreed. The colours are based on the 3 Leaf colours but the design is all Evan’s (as is the Slowly Melting next to it). I gather that taking the Chromatron apart and putting it back together was such a fraught affair that Evan has turned down other custom jobs.

1 hour ago, Higgins.plays.bass said:

Back on BassChat after many years of inactivity… & many pedalboard changes.

Here’s my current board, nothing crazy, but I like to think all nice toys that are useful!

IMG_4889.png

how's the CMC Prototype? Been tempted but one for ages.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

how's the CMC Prototype? Been tempted but one for ages.

I really like it, I ordered one after seeing the last BasstheWorld video on it. It’s basically just classic bass drive, but very nicely done! Really intuitive to use, & works great in a live mix too.

I chucked up a couple of demos on my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-sur6PtIdg/?igsh=NDNncDVsbDhnc20z

• Like 2

On 01/09/2024 at 09:09, itu said:

How is that Steroids, sorry, Atreides sounding? What does it do?

Where did you get that timer? Really clear display.

The Atreides is an absolutely bonkers thing. I recommend doing a YouTube deep dive since there are some good-ish bass demos, but it's a completely OTT synth pedal with a ton of phase, some filter and some other bits. I was using it at the end of a song but it's morphed more of an in-between song noise pedal now, and it may come off the board entirely in favour of a more reliable and flexible synth pedal. It's a bit of a one-trick pony and it depends on whether you like the trick. It also is unpredictable when it comes to sustain and the tracking can sound a bit broken. 

I've managed to get something better by stacking the Octabass, 76 and chorus together

The timer is an Amazon special! Put some velcro on the back and both me and lead singer can see how we're tracking to set-time which is very handy. It even turns red in the final 2 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

got some sonicakes lying around so why not.. suprisingly good for the price. 

mounted on a £1 IKEA board.

powerbank/usb powered using a Joyo ZGPw

IMG_4374.jpeg

Edited by ordep
  • Like 16

On 03/09/2024 at 09:39, ordep said:

got some sonicakes lying around so why not.. suprisingly good for the price. 

mounted on a £1 IKEA board.

powerbank/usb powered using a Joyo ZGPw

IMG_4374.jpeg

Looks like a brilliant compact rig! What is the unit plugged into the ZGPw's output?

1 minute ago, Homatron said:

Looks like a brilliant compact rig! What is the unit plugged into the ZGPw's output?

GigRig Isolator, 4x fully isolated outputs @ 100mah each. 

Edited by ordep
  • Thanks 1