Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I like to think I’m done with each purchase.
I’ve recently traded an amp I wasn’t using for something I was curious about , and then came across a deal I couldn’t refuse.

…. but now I’m done. 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, msb said:

I like to think I’m done with each purchase.
I’ve recently traded an amp I wasn’t using for something I was curious about , and then came across a deal I couldn’t refuse.

…. but now I’m done. 

No one believes you! (Including yourself)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, nilorius said:

Everything is fine, just the wah could be on the right side, but if You are lefty - it's ok.

judging by the plugs in the background I don't think @RonC is in the UK, which is fine but don't be surprised if they drive (or wah) on the other side of the board

haha! 

I'm in the Netherlands.. ;)

and i'm right handed... the only space left was on the left... i have a small riser for the top pedals, but there's no riser on the left so thats where the way fits best..

But i manage to "wah" with my left foot pretty good!

2 minutes ago, RonC said:

haha! 

I'm in the Netherlands.. ;)

and i'm right handed... the only space left was on the left... i have a small riser for the top pedals, but there's no riser on the left so thats where the way fits best..

But i manage to "wah" with my left foot pretty good!

In the land of Cruyff there is no “one footed” :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nilorius said:

Everything is fine, just the wah could be on the right side, but if You are lefty - it's ok.

...I've never quite understood this - just because the wah is on the left doesn't mean you can't still use your right foot! The only complication is if you have to sing at the same time, but even still judicious positioning of the mic stand...

Thus said I always have mine on the right for my guitar pedal board as it's first in the chain and the signal tends to go right to left in most pedals.

Current iteration of the bass board for an alt-rock band (though we're looking to get a bit more weird with it).

So I've added the Cirrus and Chroma Console, both of which have had about an hour's worth of noodling in headphones, looking forward to bringing those to the practice room.

Gone from the board is the Jam Pedals Lucydreamer drive and a homemade EQD Afterneath reverb - solely because of space, but could do with recouping the cost of some of the Chroma Console, so the Lucydreamer is up for sale.

Signal is tuner > EAE model fet > TAFM > Chroma > HX One > Cirrus > Element

PXL_20240910_125052652.jpg

Edited by dirgefornovember
  • Like 5

OK, having sworn I was going to stop buggering about with my pedalboard, I have of course buggered about with my pedal board. :lol: There's one removed (the homemade mute switch), one added (TC SpectraComp), and a re-ordering (EQ is now first in line after the tuner).

And now I am definitely going to stop buggering about w... you know what, I think I'll shut up :lol: 

IMG_20240910_195737-Copy.jpg.8188073b6a4ca5d0ea3ee81372e8e9a0.jpg

Edited by Rich
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

A friend asked me to make a pedal board for effects pedals for his *lyre*, and it's proving a useful project in taking a fresh look at my own pedalboard. I'm using a aluminium case with removable lid, and planning to power it with a PD power bank, through an adapter that 'talks' to the power bank and requests 9v. First, the woodwork though...

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-10 at 12.49.35.jpeg

Edited by Rosie C
  • Like 7

More changes... at this point I'm not sure I'll ever be satisfied!

SA Ultrawave is gone in place of the Big Muff Sovtek Delux, brilliantly versatile fuzz! I loved the dyna-ssor so much I splurged on the Rattler mk2...

Tempted to change the preamp to something more amp like, but this set up sounds filthy with my Sandberg Cali II with emg gzr P pick up

20240909_232127.jpg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Hugsonic said:

You could swap the tuner for a aux switch. Tap/tuner plus another stomp switch. Would leave a little gap as well 😉

Yes, and I already have one. However, I prefer having a tuner than the switch since I won't be needing the additional switch. I just prefer to have a tuner... I don't know exactly why hehe

12 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

More changes... at this point I'm not sure I'll ever be satisfied!

SA Ultrawave is gone in place of the Big Muff Sovtek Delux, brilliantly versatile fuzz! I loved the dyna-ssor so much I splurged on the Rattler mk2...

Tempted to change the preamp to something more amp like, but this set up sounds filthy with my Sandberg Cali II with emg gzr P pick up

20240909_232127.jpg

How do you find the Dyna-Sorr?  Thats been on my radar last few days, that or a Dyna Comp.

• Like 1