Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

47 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

The venn diagram of “awesome desirable pedals people love” and “ @iamtheelvy’s old stuff in the cupboard” has a fairly big overlap!

I was torn with the OC-2 between using the “Octave” or “Octaver” model. May be some swapping back and forth with that one…

Also, the Aguilar Grape may swap out for a Chorusaurus at some point, but need to track down one of the older models to match.

17 minutes ago, iamtheelvy said:

I was torn with the OC-2 between using the “Octave” or “Octaver” model. May be some swapping back and forth with that one…

Also, the Aguilar Grape may swap out for a Chorusaurus at some point, but need to track down one of the older models to match.

Haha... just rub it in. I would have gone with both OC2s, each with a different settings. Trying to hide my jealousy. 

4 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

A lot of the wazacraft stuff have an option mode - what do you think it would be on an OC2 reissue? 

honestly the OC5 sounds so close........you really wont notice in a mix, but i know feel wise there probs will be a difference, so im not sure what they could do to the Oc2 with out changing it to be more to a OC5

3 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

A lot of the wazacraft stuff have an option mode - what do you think it would be on an OC2 reissue? 

I’m sure there’d be divided opinion on that. I’d like a Standard mode exactly as the original (Octaver branding on the case), then the Waza option with additional volume to the octave down and, maybe, an external footswitch input to allow switching between the mixed signal and isolated octave down.

8 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

@iamtheelvy have you shared a photo of your board that isn’t “stuff I had laying around” yet?!

Ooof, that’s kind of a big question… OK, so as follows:

super clean board:

IMG_3975.thumb.jpeg.81b32188d3475a4a9c980bac7b78f4c0.jpeg

Wee tiny board (also used occasionally to simulate bass on an acoustic, using both outputs):

IMG_3974.jpeg.0c5af516f279bcf2e03adb5bd4cd2dab.jpeg

Usual gigging board (key essentials):

IMG_3883.thumb.jpeg.06017b02c67c1239dfdf12208aff6763.jpeg

Looper board (for when the motivation hits…):

IMG_3977.thumb.jpeg.7f51d04f8c3e81bed8cbaaa694593005.jpeg

And, just for completeness, board for when I pretend to be a guitarist…

IMG_3976.thumb.jpeg.ee14699a1529ee10a405a8c8567cce63.jpeg

• Like 5

Guess, while we’re at it, the “currently unused section”:

IMG_3978.thumb.jpeg.7b1dca0957eca60f0061bf29fc0cc287.jpeg

And the everyday home practice board (as constructed many years ago by Dadtheelvy) - empty space for trying our different pedals in situ:

IMG_3979.thumb.jpeg.d34c2c1cb1f8fdfcb1e5e09eedf91585.jpeg

Edited by iamtheelvy
  • Like 8