Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I think my board is done for now, though I may change the filter at some point.  I’ve yet to find a sound I really like from the Pearl White, but then I’ve not really played with it yet.

the 2 Demon FX pedals still need some Velcro too. 

IMG_9614.jpeg.5a72cc0c73bb46d1c7b04a6a8b9f65d0.jpeg

IMG_9615.jpeg.1f76fce1a2c37e229b7c6c687da87b70.jpeg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, xgsjx said:

I think my board is done for now, though I may change the filter at some point.  I’ve yet to find a sound I really like from the Pearl White, but then I’ve not really played with it yet.

the 2 Demon FX pedals still need some Velcro too. 

IMG_9614.jpeg.5a72cc0c73bb46d1c7b04a6a8b9f65d0.jpeg

IMG_9615.jpeg.1f76fce1a2c37e229b7c6c687da87b70.jpeg

… how do you find the Bassics BPA-01? I’ve got one coming either today tomorrow. 

Edited by jimbobothy
  • Like 2

All set up. Only thing is the Gator power brick didnt come with the 18v power supply and the power supply input isnt a standard size so really struggling to find a replacement 😫

740FD832-BF40-4D3C-B378-AB35F0247EDA.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jimbobothy said:

… how do you find the Bassics BPA-01? I’ve got one coming either today tomorrow. 

I really like it. It just polishes whatever you put into it. Sound quality is like playing through a good desk. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, neepheid said:

Don't make me explain the joke ;)

Unless it wasn't funny of course, then :(

I got it, it was just the first thing that popped into my head after appreciating the reference.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2024 at 13:15, Pow_22 said:

All set up. Only thing is the Gator power brick didnt come with the 18v power supply and the power supply input isnt a standard size so really struggling to find a replacement 😫

740FD832-BF40-4D3C-B378-AB35F0247EDA.jpeg

You could use a voltage doubler cable if you have two free slots on your supply. They're pretty cheap, you can even make one of your confident. There is also a smart doubler cable thing from pedal power that doubles the voltage from one input. I'm using it currently to double a 12v for an old EHX unit. In terms of the size, is it a 2.5mm instead of 2.1? And/or is the polarity reversed? All of these things again can be solved with the right cables plugged into each other. The nearest option would be making your own but that's not everyone's cup of tea. Failing that just hide all the cabling underneath and it will work haha

After many goes at building a big pedal board with lots of Juicy expensive effects I've finally given up and gone small, compact and functional.

Bass - Caveman BP1 Compact - amp.

GR Bass preamp in the effect loop of the BP1 compact and used for drive / fuzz only.

DSC_0005.JPG

• Like 8

On 13/07/2024 at 09:56, 0175westwood29 said:

An evening staring at my board led to the standard temptation to change drive pedals………(I have two slots I like to switch about ) so off goes the Sunn No and Hm2w and on goes the Cave Bear and Broot! 
IMG_0982.thumb.jpeg.d46494a6daf6db3281628982c76a27f3.jpeg

I’ve not heard of Lurid Machine but I do like the name

• Like 1

My new simple but effective board, I previously had a larger Pedaltrain Jr but decided to strip back to the bare essentials as I didn't make use of half of it anymore.

Polytune --- Diamond Comp ---Fat Rat --- Bassrig Black Panel

Black Panel DI to FOH, amp output into my Bassman 100T.

The Fat Rat is a new addition potentially replacing my modded Rat2. Been really happy with it in a few rehearsals, first show using it this Sunday.

Pedalboard.jpg

• Like 9

Just finished putting this together for my next tour:

TourBoard.thumb.JPG.57d901ea5f00a429c6ca34bcdc648485.JPG

It's a bit convoluted for something that looks pretty simple! On the next tour I will be doubling on electric and upright, so the sound man wants a separate feed for each. I, on the other hand, only want one volume pedal, and one tuner for both instruments, which means they will both have to share a section of the signal path. The Lehle Acouswitch popped up for sale here and I worked out that between that and an LS-2, I can do what I need. The Lehle has two inputs, so the upright will go into Input A (as this input goes through the preamp/EQ section) and my Sadowsky P will go into Input B (as this doesn't go through the preamp). The only actual effect I need on this tour is an Octave pedal, so the Octamizer can sit at the back of the board in the Lehle's loop and be brought in and out of the chain with the footswitch on the Lehle. The last thing in the chain is the second effects loop on the Lehle which is always active (no switch). In there I put the Peterson tuner (in monitor mode so the readout is always active, but the pedal isn't muting the signal) and then the signal is routed out of a TRS Mini Mod to the volume pedal that is off the board using a Y splitter. The signal comes back into the board then hits the LS-2 set to A<->B Mode. Send A goes back to the Return of the Lehle, and Send B goes to the Khan DI.

Whenever you switch instruments with the Lehle, you switch outputs with the Boss accordingly. I modded my LS-2 to have blue and white LEDs to match the blue/white channel select LED on the Lehle. So although you have to hit 2 switches to change instruments, all you have to do is make sure the LEDs on both units are the same, which will ensure each instrument goes to the correct DI Out. I put the LS-2 as close to the Lehle A/B switch as possible to make it as convenient as possible.

Signal chain is:

Upright --> Lehle Channel A

Electric --> Lehle Channel B

Lehle Loop 1 Send --> Octamizer --> Lehle Loop 1 Return

Lehle Loop 2 Send --> Peterson Strobostomp Mini --> Dunlop DVP4 --> Boss LS-2 In

Boss LS-2 Send A --> Lehle Loop 2 Return --> XLR Out to Desk (Upright)

Boss LS-2 Send B --> Khan VTDI --> XLR Out to Desk (Electric)

I like being able to roll my volume pedal off to tune, and this setup will allow me to do that for both basses, with one volume pedal and one tuner. The Lehle also has a mute switch that sends the signal to the Tuner Out, but I wouldn't be able to roll off the volume pedal to tune in that configuration, so I doubt that switch will get used much. I've used a Rockboard MOD to keep all my ins and outs neat and tidy.

TourBoardIO.thumb.jpg.e28d2214f39dfcc95b3fec8d0f0dd7da.jpg

I also drilled out one of the side holes of the Rockboard to accept a PowerCON connector, which I've soldered two IEC's on to. One goes to the GigRig Generator under the board for the pedals, the other right angled IEC comes through the top of the board to power the Khan VTDI.

TourBoardPower.thumb.jpg.9ff14f55c7d8224ed1aa564b37c1426f.jpgTourBoardPower(Khan).thumb.jpg.e5be21f3a9fe780536c5805c084beeb2.jpg

TourBoardPowercon.thumb.jpg.966271ed1faba2a44e1263ed583359e1.jpg

All 1/4" cables are made up of Squareplug SP400 jacks and Mogami 2319 cable, all XLR cables are Van Damme and Switchcraft low profile right angle XLRs. The Y Split for the volume pedal is a Squareplug SP550S (TRS) to 2 Squareplug SPS4 TS jacks. I like the Squareplugs as not only are they super low profile and well made, they sell different colour screws that you can use to ID your cables. I have orange on the jack that plugs into the Output of the volume pedal, so I (and any potential deps) will know which jack goes where.

If you got this far without falling asleep, congratulations - you're as much of a nerd as I am! 🤣

• Like 14

11 hours ago, Higgie said:

It's a bit convoluted for something that looks pretty simple! On the next tour I will be doubling on electric and upright, so the sound man wants a separate feed for each. I, on the other hand, only want one volume pedal, and one tuner for both instruments, which means they will both have to share a section of the signal path.

Can you do it using just the one footswitch of the LS-2 (in A-B mode)?

• Plug upright into 'Return A' and P bass into 'Return B'
  • 'Output' goes to tuner, octave, and volume pedal; then back into 'Input' (this is your effects loop)
  • 'Send A' goes to the Lehle and 'Send B' goes to the Khan?