Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

59 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

The Wacom looks like the most exciting thing in that pic! 

haha best tablet and has been good to me for 3 years. It’s my workhorse as a gamedev. For my GAS needs ❤️

8 hours ago, Chadu25 said:

haha best tablet and has been good to me for 3 years. It’s my workhorse as a gamedev. For my GAS needs ❤️

Graphic designer and sometimes illustrator who always has GAS for the higher end Wacom! :D

• Haha 1

Latest iteration....

Removed: EHX Sovtek Deluxe Muff, Joyo Monomyth... more I can't remember

Added: More than I can remember...

gone back to the Ultrawave, mostly due to extra spluttering it provides for synth stuff, and lack of resaleability...

Added an attenuator at beginning of chain, as my Z7 is too hot for the dynassor even with the pre leveled off internally

The space heater goes before the Zio to warm everything up... thanks @Berserker, it really does the trick!

the zio is just a quality DI all around, although it may soon be swapped for a tonehammer DI... any thoughts on Zio vs Tonehammer? Worried with the space heater it may end up being TOO warm...

20241002_001131.thumb.jpg.ed6d63d9e1ffc72848680a5ee42e1a64.jpg

• Like 7

I absolutely loved the Exh sovtek deluxe... But the size of the thing, why 🤷.

Just got me a B stock Dobsky fuzz and Damn it's all that and more! What a versatile civil war style muff that does all I wantedIMG_20241003_171454.thumb.jpg.8e19db3fec7c6c3fb944054c98ccf7ca.jpg. Highly recommend 👌

https://www.moosetwentythree.com/shop/dobsky

Edited by danbowskill
  • Like 8

On 02/10/2024 at 09:09, glassmoon said:

Question for you @grapefruitmoon: how do you find having the pre-amp at the end of the chain?  I've always had mine at the start, so interested to know how the various effects/patches play off against the pre.

Ta!

Hey, so I've not had a chance to experiment with chain placing yet, the pre-amp is a new purchase. But I'm intending (at the moment!) to keep it at the end to send my full signal to FoH via the DI. I've removed EQ patches from the Stomp so I can adjust on the fly using the pedal itself, as I find that a bit easier. So far, it's all been good. With a quick cable change I could send the clean signal from the pre-amp, but I've not had a go at that, it's on my to-do list.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, knicknack said:

New small board alert... had a few things I was really enjoying but didn't want to mess with my main setup. So here's board 2!

IMG_8401.thumb.jpg.e2cadd9fe7cbf282e62a099e3c8fb37d.jpg

Stunning setup! Don't tease us with that Pbass and cream cover!

At risk of a thread derailment @Chadu25...

IMG_6024.thumb.jpg.33181fe15c0203a0b6da2e2e30f85c95.jpg

And to bring things back on track, here's the A rig. Unchanged for quite a while, possibly the upgrade from TX to TX-P and the return of the T-47 are the only changes since last time, although underneath a shift to Cioks power and a complete rewire this summer. 

IMG_7534.thumb.jpg.501659d355f1fd91b778c72165f501f0.jpg

And for the sake of completeness, here's the upright rig:

IMG_2749.thumb.JPG.c11ad2a7a95943c25e742b91903afc97.JPG

Edited by knicknack
  • Like 18

19 hours ago, knicknack said:

At risk of a thread derailment @Chadu25...

IMG_6024.thumb.jpg.33181fe15c0203a0b6da2e2e30f85c95.jpg

And to bring things back on track, here's the A rig. Unchanged for quite a while, possibly the upgrade from TX to TX-P and the return of the T-47 are the only changes since last time, although underneath a shift to Cioks power and a complete rewire this summer. 

IMG_7534.thumb.jpg.501659d355f1fd91b778c72165f501f0.jpg

And for the sake of completeness, here's the upright rig:

IMG_2749.thumb.JPG.c11ad2a7a95943c25e742b91903afc97.JPG

I love everything about this. Really nice boards (and good photos too!).

Latest version of my board, the Rodenberg LDP Deluxe I was using developed a fault so I'm waiting on a replacement under warrenty, stumbled on a EBS Valve Drive secondhand the other day so that it is in its place for now. 

1000007409.jpg

• Like 5

Latest iteration of my board. Gone are all the effects - I just don’t use them. This board is now purely about the tone, and covers my doubling gigs on EUB/fretless/acoustic/electric bass. The SushiboxFX Finally is really my secret sauce ‘always on’ pedal that just adds a lovely warmth in front of my amps and has a great FOH DI out. The TC Impulse loader is for my NS EUB and I am running the 3Sigma German bass and Czech bass impulses. Combined with the ninomute I’m getting a pretty convincing DB sound live. 

IMG_8704.jpeg

• Like 13

23 hours ago, Rodders said:

Latest version of my board, the Rodenberg LDP Deluxe I was using developed a fault so I'm waiting on a replacement under warrenty, stumbled on a EBS Valve Drive secondhand the other day so that it is in its place for now. 

1000007409.jpg

What do you make of the Fishman? I've had my eye on one of those for potential bass and also occasional acoustic guitar use for years, but never quite got round to pulling the trigger.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SimonK said:

What do you make of the Fishman? I've had my eye on one of those for potential bass and also occasional acoustic guitar use for years, but never quite got round to pulling the trigger.

Apart from the compressor, its been great, nice that it has an adjustable HPF built in (labelled low cut) handy built in tuner and having the boost option is nice too. The EQ is very well laid out, took me a while to get the hang of the mid frequency sweep but I think that was mainly operator error. They do come up second hand (got mine from the bay) there is a slightly more stripped back version called the Stage. 

Didn't like the compressor purely because it was a single knob set up and I couldn't really see what it was doing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

Apart from the compressor, its been great, nice that it has an adjustable HPF built in (labelled low cut) handy built in tuner and having the boost option is nice too. The EQ is very well laid out, took me a while to get the hang of the mid frequency sweep but I think that was mainly operator error. They do come up second hand (got mine from the bay) there is a slightly more stripped back version called the Stage. 

Didn't like the compressor purely because it was a single knob set up and I couldn't really see what it was doing. 

That was what I loved about it, everything is really subtle and musical. You can’t hear the compressor but you miss it when not using it.

It’s one of my favourite pieces of really transparent gear. But the problem with really transparent gear is you don’t miss it too much when you don’t have it.

• Like 1

Evening all!! I used to be a regular around these parts with various incarnations of my enormous and underutilised synth/funk pedalboard. But I haven't played much and therefore haven't had a board in a few years.... but that changed today.

20241011_171027.jpg

Edited by GisserD
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, GisserD said:

Evening all!! I used to be a regular around these parts with various incarnations of my enormous and underutilised synth/funk pedalboard. But I haven't played much and therefore haven't had a board in a few years.... but that changed today.

20241011_171027.jpg

Nice to see you here!

There's a nice red custom unit there, but how's that SHSL behaving?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, itu said:

Nice to see you here!

There's a nice red custom unit there, but how's that SHSL behaving?

Thats a future compact (the red thing) its basically a re-housed future impact. 

The SHSL is pretty cool. i dont make much use of the filters yet (plan to connect the EXP when i find one that works) but the saturation is creamy and delicious. it sounds superb after everything. just beefs it up.