Why become a member? ×

SL 4x10 (the new one)

eevespete

Apologies if this is a duplicate thread .. I hovered back a couple of pages and didn't see one! ..

Is any body out there using the new Agi Sl4x10 ?

Really keen to know peoples thoughts/opinions/moans/grumbles/likes/dislikes etc.

They're a stack at £1399 but just curious more than anything..

Any comments good or bad, don't hold back......

Pete

I liked the SL112 but didn't buy.. but I thought it was more than a pretty fair effort.

I don't get NEO 410's tbh... I understand NEO 112 and 110's,,maybe 210, but if you need/want a 410
then you/I assume weight and carry wont be the issue.

And, if I was thinking 410, I'd prefer a 610. If Aguilar made a DB610, I'd be all over that but not at £1200 I have to say.

Thanks for the input on this one everybody.. That last comment hasn't helped the urge :lol:

They are pretty chronic in terms of money and normally I'd write it off on that principle but I'm still craving one? .. I've got 2xSl112's now but I can't help feel the 4x10 would float my boat.. Would need that all important gig test mind..

Decisions decisions..

A 2x112 option is underrated in my view.

I've done two outside gigs with minimal support and the bass carried really well.
Not soemthing I'd walk into myself as I think this can be hit and miss but with the right cabs..and I think the SL's are very good cabs, you should be able to do this with confidence.

The trade off is that a 2x112 is 5-600w whereby a 410 should be at least 600w and upwards but if you are playing this sort of gig that requires this sort of power then your amp will possibly be in more trouble than the cabs and you should have P.A support anyway.

Don't want to add to your GAS, but I rated the TKS S112's higher in my test and I know they work REALLY well pushed outside.

Having an amp with valve pres compliments these cabs perfectly with a nice touch on natural compression..

Aguilar make a fine range of cabs themselves tho and they know what they are trying to do and produce.

The DB range is a case in point, IME so no reason to think the new SL410 wont be as well.

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1470052856' post='3102890']
From the Aguilar website "It also features four [b][i]custom-voiced[/i][/b] woofers with Neodymium magnets"

Anyone know what they mean by "custom-voiced"?

Frank.
[/quote]

I'd be guessing that Aguilar have directed a sound bias from the chassis. They'd do this if they wanted to make the cab smaller..and found the previous incarnations couldn't work with that..or it could be 'sales talk' and mean that they have an off the shelf driver' simply rebadged.
They might need to show why this cab replaces the old one..
What is in a facelift..? :lol:

It's interesting for sure.. I'm all about saving the back trauma and this is another reason..
I played through the DB751 alongside the 4x10 and 1x15 at LBS earlier this year and it absolutely blew my socks off.. I'd like a 'version' of that I guess - especially how it 'hits' you. I don't find the sl's have that weight to the sound (but thats by no means a negative either) ..

I really enjoy the flexibility of the 1x12's taking 1 or 2 when needed but I guess it's just increasing my options and looking for something that the sl's aren't really giving me..

I'll ponder this one out for a while.