Why become a member? ×

Opinions needed please sirs! (Regarding a trade conundrum).

binky_bass

Afternoon sirs,

I have been offered a tempting trade for one of my basses and I'd like to know any honest opinions offered as to whether it's a wise trade to make...

My bass is a Sei Flamboyant 6 string, No. 67. It has all the trimmings including LEDs and Piezo pups. Thuya burl top, back and headstock caps. A stunner.

However... It has some noticeable play wear, micro lacquer cracks in a fair few places (albeit hard to see) and a larger lacquer crack at the top of the neck, not in the wood though.

The trade offer is a MusicMan Stingray Premier Dealer Network in Guilded White, mint condition with case and all the trimmings, in addition the trade includes a (replica) MusicMan JP6 Ball Family Reserve 6 string guitar (again, this is a replica and not a real JP6, plays good though).

I happily play any bass or guitar, and enjoy collecting rear models where I can, so the trade bait is tempting, I'm just not sure if it's worth it...

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks! Binky.