Why become a member? ×

My latest parts project

WarPig

Well, took less time than my previous project (and this one didnt fail haha).

Here we are:

* SX lined maple fretless jazz neck with black blocks.
* Unknown make body, very light, i reckon its basswood though
* Gotoh 201 bridge
* Fitted with Fender CS 64's at the moment (then their off to old horse murphy), till the EMGs arrive (thanks again Eude).
* Fender Flatwounds.

I was hoping this would be a straight forward project (should know by now :)), but when i tried to fit the neck, it was atleast 1/4 inch out of the pocket, so that needed cutting out and smoothing. It was the first time id ever fitting a bridge, i thought that it had came out fine after plenty of measuring, but after fitting the strings and trying to intonate, i had to shift the bridge back an 8th inch so there was more room to intonate.

The pickups and control plate was simple to fit. I wish that the front pickup cavity was smoother than it is, it looks like its been attacked by a router at some point. There is going to be a pickguard fitted but i need to reshape it, sometime down the line im going to get a black pearl guard made.

Im fairly pleased with the outcome.... bring on the next project!

Edited by WarPig

Looks alright that, i was going to ask if the SX jazz necks were meant to be drop in replacements but maybe not. I'm curious as to whether one would fit in my fender.... I know the headstock is wrong but i think the black blocks, binding and maple would go well with the 3TS

Nice bass :) i have a bit of a thing for white jazzes

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='302369' date='Oct 8 2008, 05:26 PM']Paint the headstock white![/quote]

Very tempting..... maybe when i get time.

heres a quick finished pic, hopefully the weather will be nice tomorrow and ill take some better shots

Fitted the EMG's, beautiful!

Edited by WarPig