Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Big Baby 2 (Gen 3) with Roqsolid covers, (2x) *** SOLD ***
£550

mcnach

[size=2][i][b]Edit 18/8/16:[/b][/i] [b]The one with green seam covers is gone.[/b][/size]

Well... the unthinkable has happened and I decided to let my BB2 cabs go.

I just don't use them!
They are great, they can be insane loud and cover pretty much any gig I have ever needed to play in or out, yet they're light and compact enough to fit in the boot of my hatchback...

But I do prefer slightly the sound of my TKS S112s, and they are smaller and more portable. They cannot handle anything near to what the BB2 can, and they have a reduced bottom end compared to the BB2... but they just seem to work well enough for me and with space in my place being an issue since I downsized earlier this year... the logical thing is to let these speakers go :unsure:

Unless I change my mind (again, as I've been on/off about these for over a month :lol:) these are for sale only. But I am very curious about the Barefaced Two10 (4ohm), as it is small and tonally I suspect more my thing... so I might consider a trade with a Two10 or two, with additional cash going my way.

Both cabs are in great condition, cosmetic and otherwise, and come with Roqsolid covers. One of them had a couple of minor chips that affected just the 'tuffcab' finish. I got a touch-up kit from Barefaced, and you have to be kneeling with your face at 20cm from it to notice the texture might be slightly different. Basically, you wouldn't know if I didn't tell you ;)

The first one (on the left when the pictures show two cabs) is serial number BB207, comes with an 'AmpGuard' Roqsolid cover with green seam binding that is designed to be fitted with the cab in vertical position. It has a slot for the handle.

The second one (on the right) is serial number BB048, comes with a Roqsolid cover with a bit of extra padding and red seam binding, to be fitted with the cab in horizontal position. It also has a slot for the handle.

I'd like to avoid posting at the moment, but I would be happy to drive from Edinburgh (within reason ;)). To give you an idea, I've exchanged/bought gear from people based as far as Manchester, choosing a place along the M6 that was mutually convenient. In a couple of weeks a band I am depping with will take me close to Birmingham, so that could open another set of opportunities there, although I am not sure I'll be driving my own car and I don't yet know how much extra space there will be...

[b]Edit:[/b] [b][i]Oh, and price is for EACH[/i][/b] :)

Anyway, here are some pictures:

There was a smudge on my camera lens which makes it look like there's a big dirt mark on some images... they're clean, just a bit of dust in some, it's just a lens issue.

BB048:

BB207:

With covers on:

Car not included at this price ;) :

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='Musashimonkey' timestamp='1471208344' post='3111306']
Wow! Never thought I'd see this. Amazing cabs (which your extensive research and testing proved). GLWTS.
[/quote]

I didn't either!!! :mellow:

They're great. If I had not moved to a much smaller place (from a 5-bedroom to a 2-bedroom house, following a breakup), I'd keep these even if I only used them a couple of times a year.
Despite to tone of my ad, it was not easy to write! It may be a logical and sensible thing to do but... sensible??? that has not often been said about me! :lol:

The one with green seams cover is on hold for a couple of days (deal is not 100% set)

The other one is still available. On Sunday I was planning to go on a little road trip towards Kendal, so it opens the door to meeting someone along the M6... but we've also been tempted by a location near Newcastle, so we might end up going in that direction instead... essentially we'll go where the weather looks best :lol: but if someone wants to meet near those areas, we can arrange something :)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1471355342' post='3112412']
The one with green seams cover is on hold for a couple of days (deal is not 100% set)

The other one is still available.[b] On Sunday[/b] I was planning to go on a little road trip towards Kendal, so it opens the door to meeting someone along the M6... but we've also been tempted by a location near Newcastle, so we might end up going in that direction instead... essentially we'll go where the weather looks best :lol: but if someone wants to meet near those areas, we can arrange something :)
[/quote]

change of plans, maybe:

It'll be [b]Saturday[/b], the day trip.
On Sunday I may be playing a gig in Stirling in the late afternoon at a festival. I'm depping for a local ska/reggae band and my first gig would be next week, but their regular bass player may not be avaliable this Sunday after all (medical issues) in which case they'd need me, so I'd keep my Sunday free instead for now...

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1471439970' post='3113052']
If only you lived a bit closer to[b] civilisation[/b] <_< Id be all over one of these.
[/quote]

... I think you need to update your location field on your profile: it appears to say Swindon, clearly some mistake :P