Why become a member? ×

NBD... More 80's graphite

ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1482241582' post='3198739']
Don't get me started on the tonal possibilities with the Passion bass (on left in third pic) because that makes the Arpege seem simple - although even though it's more complicated/versatile, it's not as idiosyncratic as the Arpege!

And don't get me wrong, 99% of the time I'm bypassing everything as they sound amazing when totally flat, but it's fun to have options on tap.
[/quote]

Sounds awesome :) wouldn't need another bass if it can do them all I suppose :) I'm sure GAS has other ideas though.

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1482242195' post='3198745']
Sounds awesome :) wouldn't need another bass if it can do them all I suppose :) I'm sure GAS has other ideas though.
[/quote]

No harm in having a bass in every colour :)

[quote name='Rikki_Sixx' timestamp='1482245888' post='3198812']
This is beautiful, I don't think I've seen an Arpege or a Passion before until now! Both lovely, and different to anything I've personally seen before.

The bridge on the Arpege is awesome, looks like you could tow a ship with it!
[/quote]

Thanks, I can't remember where I first saw them but I've had the passion for years and always wanted an Arpege but could only find earlier wooden necked ones or the later design. The full graphite model was always the holy grail...

The bridge is very unusual indeed, I thought it had a trem at first! Later they used Kahler hardware which I didn't find as adjustable (I like my action super low). The Passion has always had Schaller hardware.

I haven't recorded with this bass yet and it's basically impossible to find anything on YouTube (unless it's an earlier or later model) but I found this guy who has a few vids. He's playing through a book I'm also working through so it's a double bonus. Here you can hear the bass with everything flat:

http://youtu.be/5pZRZUXudk4

[quote name='alembic1989' timestamp='1482261192' post='3199062']
Lovely bass mate..always liked Vigiers but alas have never played one.
I'd love to try a fretless version of your bass.
[/quote]

Thanks, I had a fretless Passion or a few years and really enjoyed it, I had to sell it in the end to pay for 'other things' - mine was a series 3 model, with the 10% graphite neck. Really nice, but I really want a Series 2 100% carbon necked one, which are again very rare (although coincidentally I have a lead on one I'm looking at buying soon)

Here I am with Patrice Vigier himself... really lovely chap (well, we both are...). I showed him a pic of my '88 Passion and he said, quite sincerely, 'Thank you for looking after it'

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pedullaman/media/IMG_5342_zps7f0fb0a3.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/pedullaman/IMG_5342_zps7f0fb0a3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]