Figured Koa Top
Mahogany Body wings
5pc Maple Neck with Purpleheart stringers, Bolt-On
Ebony Board, 24 frets
36 scale
19mm spacing at bridge
Black Hardware
Celinder (Armstrong) Radiused Dual Coils
Glockenklang Preamp (Vol, Bal, Mid, Stacked Treble/Bass, Active/passive, Coil Tap Switch)
Weight: 5,1 kg
Built in: 90s

Just received this as part of a bigger trade and decided to not keep it as I play 34" only these days. It is a wonderful bass though !

This bass is already shown on Chris Celinders website. Although as you probably know Chris stopped to produce basses long ago so this is a rare piece of his amazing work.

The electronics were originally built by Greengrove. Unfortunately a previous owner replaced it with a Glockenklang 3 bd - which is a great preamp too but I prefer the original one. Anyway - when this bass arrived here it was wired completely wrong. The active/passive switch was out of function and the pickups have been wired as Singles only and with out-of-phase when both pickups are involved. I fixed the pickup wiring with the help of Chris himself. Now the coil tap switch provides either Dual coil mode or Single Coil mode, but both neck coils only. Chris told me that the neck coils are exactly on JB 70s positions - adopted to 36". So that wiring makes perfect sense and the bass now is a typical Celinder: explosive, eays to play, very articulate and with a huge B. The radiussed pickups evens out the different heights of the strings which of course follow the board radius. Very low action - everything works now as it should.

Excellent condition, some very minor playwear here and there - nothing to show in pics. Frets are like new and truss rod works fine. Currently strung with brand new d'Addario EPS Super Long.

Bass comes with non-original HC.

SOLD

Pics here:
[url="http://s934.photobucket.com/user/mrbassman_de/library/Basses/Celinder%20Custom%206%20Koa"]http://s934.photobuc...ustom%206%20Koa[/url]

Edited by mrbassman_de