Why become a member? ×

Gotta recommend Bass Centre basses!!

Guest aDx

Just got mine (black with black scratchplate) and its lovely! plays so well.

and sounds wonderful!!

They are very helpful too... as did not do a black scratchplate one so swapped one to put on mine!!

so all in all... VERY happy!

nuff said!!!..

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1474280348' post='3136685']
Because they are mostly Fender copies with a horrible looking logo on the headstock?

How many more Fender copies does the world need?
[/quote]

There's a reason people like Fender copies - still hard to get some gigs without something that looks like a Fender and many beginners want to start with something that's familiar.

I realise BC can be very elitist at times though so maybe that's why they aren't as popular. . .

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1474285633' post='3136762']
There's a reason people like Fender copies - still hard to get some gigs without something that looks like a Fender and many beginners want to start with something that's familiar.

I realise BC can be very elitist at times though so maybe that's why they aren't as popular. . .
[/quote]

What I was trying to imply was there are already hundreds of copies of Fender basses available at all sorts of price points, so why yet another brand doing it and what do they hope will make them more special than all the others? Especially when the headstock logo is so eye-waveringly ugly!

And if I was a beginner after a Fender-style bass I'd probably want be looking at one that actually said Fender on the headstock even if it was only a very small logo.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1474298179' post='3136918']
What I was trying to imply was there are already hundreds of copies of Fender basses available at all sorts of price points, so why yet another brand doing it and what do they hope will make them more special than all the others? Especially when the headstock logo is so eye-waveringly ugly!

And if I was a beginner after a Fender-style bass I'd probably want be looking at one that actually said Fender on the headstock even if it was only a very small logo.
[/quote]

Yep, this......