Why become a member? ×

!!SOLD!! Goodfellow GB Spitfire 5 String

fingerz

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='302361' date='Oct 8 2008, 05:20 PM']Likewise! :)

They all come south back to daddy eventually.....[/quote]
Does East Anglia count?
We have to organise a GB fest in a central venue around London say!

Edited by phsycoandy

You should have a word with Bernie about that, his workshop is far too small but somewhere in or around London with food and drink close at hand would be good. Speak to his lordship, he might even have a few ideas...sorry we seem to be hijacking the thread....nevermind the bass has sold. Well done to the lucky new owner, wise purchase.

Mike

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='302376' date='Oct 8 2008, 05:33 PM']EBS_freak I nominate you to organise it, get Bernie along.[/quote]

Me?

...ah... I get you. Turn my back for 1 minute and I'm 2 GBs down...

Sneaky beaver.

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='302377' date='Oct 8 2008, 05:34 PM']You should have a word with Bernie about that, his workshop is far too small but somewhere in or around London with food and drink close at hand would be good. Speak to his lordship, he might even have a few ideas...sorry we seem to be hijacking the thread....nevermind the bass has sold. Well done to the lucky new owner, wise purchase.

Mike[/quote]

I dunno - isn't every bass show he goes to a GB reunion? The Hove bass day was mad for GB owners! It wasn't the greatest of days, but it was great for those who lust over GBs. I enjoyed myself anyway.

How many GB's have been built any ideas?

Back on topic I would just like to put in a good word for Fingerz who came in for some stick for selling this bass after just registering. He was great to deal with, a lovely guy and I would recommend him no problem. Hopefully he will come back and use the forum.

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='302402' date='Oct 8 2008, 06:08 PM']How many GB's have been built any ideas?

Back on topic I would just like to put in a good word for Fingerz who came in for some stick for selling this bass after just registering. He was great to deal with, a lovely guy and I would recommend him no problem. Hopefully he will come back and use the forum.

Steve[/quote]
ok slapped wrist, you know where im coming from tho!

[quote name='johnnylager' post='302398' date='Oct 8 2008, 06:03 PM']Er, yes, to be honest. Even if it does cane me back digging you up. I'll fill it back in though mate, no worries.[/quote]

Oh. That's OK then.

So Gabbie's at risk then? Or don't you care which one you have? (of course, by then, my grave will be filled with Mike Brook's GBs, bass_ferret's GBs, psychoandy's GB....)

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='302403' date='Oct 8 2008, 06:12 PM']ok slapped wrist, you know where im coming from tho![/quote]

Absolutely and I think you and Toasted were right to be apprehensive.

Like I say I hope Jo comes onto the forum. Flanker tells me that he is an awesome player but unfortunately I didn't get chance to hear him as we did the deal at the motorway services and we would have looked a little odd :)

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='302426' date='Oct 8 2008, 06:44 PM']I wonder if Johnny Lager realises he has spelt Goodfellow wrong on his?!!? :)

Steve[/quote]

I know. He should put that right!

Anyway, this thread is getting so long now, it's like a BassManKev for sale thread.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='302427' date='Oct 8 2008, 06:46 PM']I know. He should put that right!

Anyway, this thread is getting so long now, it's like a BassManKev for sale thread.[/quote]

Yes, congrats on getting this beauty, i seriousley considered going for it, but already have a Spitfire 4 in production. GB's are just the best!!

would love a GB get together, i'm Southampton way. I'm sure Bernie would be up for it.

Cheers, James.

[quote name='durandassi' post='302432' date='Oct 8 2008, 06:50 PM']Yes, congrats on getting this beauty, i seriousley considered going for it, but already have a Spitfire 4 in production. GB's are just the best!!

would love a GB get together, i'm Southampton way. I'm sure Bernie would be up for it.

Cheers, James.[/quote]

Yes - looking forward to seeing that particular Spitfire.

PS. It's only a matter of time before your basses (including in production Spitfire) are in the Midlands. :)

I just looked at this thread and can't believe how long its got!

It has become a GB event organising comitee!! - and I now can't come! Doh.

With regards to my joining blatantly to sell the bass, I understand the dodgy vibes from a few members totally. Infact it's reassuring there's some pride here. Thanks to Flanker and Birdy for support. Think of this more as the incentive to join rather than the soul reason. And yes I will be visiting from now on.

Cheers guys. Now you've taken the wives off ebay you'll have to behave yourselves at the GB social! With what I've just spent on my new bass I nearly had to do a buy it now on my girlfriend!!

Thanks birdy and I hope you have years of fun with the bass. Look after.

Jo

[quote name='fingerz' post='302515' date='Oct 8 2008, 08:33 PM']I just looked at this thread and can't believe how long its got!

It has become a GB event organising comitee!! - and I now can't come! Doh.

With regards to my joining blatantly to sell the bass, I understand the dodgy vibes from a few members totally. Infact it's reassuring there's some pride here. Thanks to Flanker and Birdy for support. Think of this more as the incentive to join rather than the soul reason. And yes I will be visiting from now on.

Cheers guys. Now you've taken the wives off ebay you'll have to behave yourselves at the GB social! With what I've just spent on my new bass I nearly had to do a buy it now on my girlfriend!!

Thanks birdy and I hope you have years of fun with the bass. Look after.

Jo[/quote]Blatantly or not, we forgive you, plus youve only gotta mention GB round these parts and we all get a bit moist!