Why become a member? ×

Status Energy Fretless **SOLD**
£350

dodgnofski

A really nice 90's Status Energy which has been converted to Fretless by The Bass Gallery and a rather spiffing job they made of it too :) The fret grooves on the face of the fingerboard have been filled with a black filler which can be seen by the player, but not from off stage. This together with a lighter filler on the top edge of the fingerboard makes intonation much easier thus allowing mere mortals like me to play a Fretless in tune :)

In good condition with just a few marks from normal use - no damage, or issues.

Low action - all the way up the neck, so an absolute dream to play :)

I think the body is Ash with a black see through finish, so the lovely grain can be seen. Maple neck -reinforced with graphite rods and a nice Rosewood fingerboard.

Weight is a nice manageable 3.95Kg or 8.5lbs - ish in old money and no neck dive - it just hangs there saying - 'play me' :)

Neck width at the nut is 1.5" or 40mm and 55mm at the twelve fret, but it's the 'skinniness' of the neck from front to back that makes it so damn blinking playable :)

Status Active Electronics board - signed by the man himself :)

Status J type pickups with active treble cut and boost, Master volume and pickup pan pot. Low action and a shiny fast neck. Due to the current shortage of long scale strings from Status, it is currently sporting short scale strings - Status Black Nylon Hotwires which although a bit 'short' seem to work OK, but I'm sure a new owner would want to fit the strings of their choice anyway.

Original - prior to them having 'Status' printed on them - Gig bag which is also in good condition.

Plays really well and sounds really nice, with plenty of that there mwoarrrrrrr we all love :) In North Staffs but could post at buyers expense to UK Mailand if required.

**Please excuse my rubbish photography - this really does look at least a scrillion times better 'in the flesh' - honest Injun.

Edited by dodgnofski

A slightly older 5-string version of this bass is my current go-to bass
The graphite reinforced wood necks are absolutely superb
I actually prefer them to the current all graphite ones
Recently lent mine to a (much better) bass playing friend who literally fell off his chair when I told him how little I payed for it
GLWTS
Don't forget to put it on statii.com as well