Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Cort Arona 5 OPBB
£325

TRBboy

Hi guys! :D

Selling my Cort Arona 5, which I bought last year. These are really superb instruments for the money, the neck feels fantastic, and they sound great. The result of a collaboration between Cort and highly respected German hand made bass manufacturer Sandberg. They are designed by Sandberg, and built by Cort.

Featuring a swamp ash body, maple neck with rosewood fretboard, Sandberg hardware, Delano Desonic J/Mm pickups, and two band eq with passive bypass. These seem to be becoming quite hard to come across now, which is a shame because they're excellent basses.

Although I bought it as a backup, thankfully I've never needed to use it on a gig, so pretty much just been used for home practice. It's in very good condition, there's a very slight shiny patch above the neck pickup from my thumb, and a ding just inside the curve of the top horn, but otherwise superb.

Selling because it just doesn't get used much, and I could do with freeing up the cash. It doesn't come with a gigbag or case. Preferably buyer to collect, but I can fairly easily arrange a courier at the buyers cost.

Thanks for looking! :D Let me know if you have any questions.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:228459]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:228460]

[attachment=229257:DSC_0228.JPG]

Edited by TRBboy

These are absolutely stunning basses based on the Sandberg Basic and in essence that is exactly what it is.
I had one when they first came out and covered the headstock and asked a local retailer what it was and his answer, "Sandberg".
There was an excellent video on YouTube about how they came about and the build process. In essence they are to Sandberg what Skyline is to Lakland, (and Cort build Skylines as well), but for some reason Sandberg used Cort as the brand name and not Sandberg.
For some reason they didn't catch on.
GLWTS as someone is going to get a hell of a bass for the money.