Why become a member? ×

Rod Temperton 2016 Claims Another Great

Mykesbass

I like the story that when Vincent Price agreed to be on the recording they didn't have his spoken part written. Rod wrote it by hand in the back of the car on the way to the studio and then Quincy Jones doorstepped VP on his way in and kept him talking whilst Rod rushed the bit of paper to a secretary to get typed up so it was ready on the stand looking a bit more professional.

I thought I knew RTs work well , but since his death there's tunes that have got played that I was not aware he had a hand in

I hope any marketing of his work now he's been given more media attention (almost like northern soul did a few years back) means proceeds go to the correct places.

He seem a nice guy and kept out of the limelight , have no clue to his business mind though

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1475908452' post='3149621']
I thought I knew RTs work well , but since his death there's tunes that have got played that I was not aware he had a hand in

I hope any marketing of his work now he's been given more media attention (almost like northern soul did a few years back) means proceeds go to the correct places.

He seem a nice guy and kept out of the limelight , have no clue to his business mind though
[/quote]
A quick Google search had his net worth at $125 million. Nice to see that.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1475910635' post='3149633']

A quick Google search had his net worth at $125 million. Nice to see that.
[/quote]

Sure is

Scary though, all these guys dying in their 60s with presumably no restrictions to the highest level of health care