Why become a member? ×

Spector Legend 4 Input Jack

BassInThePlace

So I need a replacement jack for my Spector bass - through a process of elimination at rehearsal last night, we figured out it was the bass and not the amp.

My question is - what kind of jack should I replace it with? I assume that it's just a simple mono jack replacement since it's a passive bass, but i'm sure someone here will be able to set me straight. I've unfortunately never bothered to learn about the electrical side of the instrument. Maybe it's time I did......

Cheers.

If it's definitely a passive bass then it will just be a mono jack socket.

The only issue then becomes choosing one that will fit in the space available. Try unscrewing the jack and having a look at it to see what it looks like. I you can, take a photo and post it here then someone shou;d be able to advise on what you need.

Choose a good quality replacement - "Switchcraft" probably make the best jackl sockets so one from them would always be a good choice - but you need to know what shape you need first.

[quote name='BassInThePlace' post='303872' date='Oct 10 2008, 02:17 PM']Hi mate - i've actually got a spare switchcraft stereo output jack. I suppose I could just solder it mono-style and ignore the extra stereo connector plate? I still need to pick up the bass from the studio tonight anyway, so i'll take the plate off, have a look at it, and post a pic later.

Cheers.[/quote]

Yes you can do that - see here

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28785"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28785[/url]

If your switchcraft stereo jack fits ok then I would just go ahead and use that.