Why become a member? ×

Wix

Buzzy

I've been given the job of building my bands website. No experience in this sort of thing at all but have been advised to use Wix. So I've set up an account and started getting pictures, biogs etc that I want to put on the website.
Any info or advice about getting this up and running as painlessly as possible would be much appreciated.
One of the people in the band has already got a web address registered for the band, am I able to link this into the Wix website ?
cheers
Buzzy :unsure:

I can't see any Wix info unless I log on.

Usually the host (Wix) will have an option for you to use your own website address. First you'll build your site using one of their free domains and then 'map' your own address onto that site.

It's quite simple there should be a help page somewhere.

Nominet handle all the domain names and the host (Wix) will update them for you.

I had a Wix page and whilst I found populating the site remarkably easy I really struggled with our bandname dotcom being used. In the end we wound up with two sites and double the work for me. I think the problem stemmed from my limited knowledge and not buying the domain name from Wix. Good luck.

Whichever you chose make sure you have telephone support to the UK.

I'm managing a website hosted on a 1and1 sweet. Contacting them is a complete headache/impossible.

I can't find any numbers that aren't sales or any email addresses of their support team. Might be just me though...

Edited by TimR