Why become a member? ×

Looking for cream/white dual concentric knobs. Anyone?

mcnach

They're for a U-Retro.

I have this Precision/Jazz hybrid:

And I want to get my U-Retro preamp in there. But I like the look with cream or even white knobs so I'm looking for suitable dual-concentric knobs I could use.
I have a J-Retro with Fender Jazz alike dual concentric knobs that can be "persuaded" to fit... unfortunately they only come in black.

Anybody has seen anything that could work here?

Yeah, I saw the Danelectro ones. I have seen them where the cream is the big knob, and also where the colours are inverted so I could possibly get two sets to build one set the way I want them... but they are pretty big and would look odd.

So I think I'll just let it be and use the standard chrome knobs that come with it (I have a spare set of black knobs too but I'll keep those).

Of course, anybody who knows me is familiar with my strange logic and my GAS. So... it just happens that I have been chatting to someone who can make me a Precision bass with two Jazz pickups... in a beautiful variant of Fiesta Red, with Area J pickups etc etc... and black hardware. So I might put the U-retro in that one with the black knobs (if I go for it)... and move the neck pickup on the cream bass above much much closer to the neck, which was one of my initial ideas but changed my mind as I want to have at least one bass that does "the Jazz thang". And that way I keep the cream knobs in the bass in the picture. :lol:

Hey, just because I'm slowly selling my basses to keep a selected herd of around 7 or so doesn't mean I'm going to become all sensible all of a sudden! :P

In think there a few suppliers knocking about but they take a bit of finding. I did some research myself a little while back, I'll see if I can dig anything out. There were definitely some on evilbay which should be OK for a straightforward single wood stacker I think.