Why become a member? ×

Stolen Gibson EB-2 and Yamaha BBC00

therealting

Sharing as I think it may be relevant here.

From my beautiful friends Loretta and Natasha who lost their father quite recently, and then found that his flat had been burgled afterwards. I quote Tash here:

"Any musicians & bass players in particular please be on the look out for if you hear about this vintage bass. This belonged to my Dad who had passed away some 3 weeks before it was stolen from his flat, it's all we had left to us to remember him by. The guitar holds many memories as he was a professional musician before my sister Loretta and I were born, any help getting them returned would be so appreciated."

---------

https://www.facebook.com/JohannTingMusic/posts/10154796455517932

Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following a burglary in which two guitars were stolen.

The incident is believed to have occurred on Saturday, 29 October at a property in North Twelfth Street, Milton Keynes.

The offender/s is believed to have gained entry to the property through the back door.

A Gibson EB-2 Sunburst Hollow body single pickup bass guitar (pictured), which is more than 40-years-old, and a 1980s BBC00 Yamaha guitar, were stolen from the property.

Investigating officer Det Con Chris Bigg, based at Milton Keynes police station, said: “This burglary has caused distress to the family, and these guitars hold great sentimental value to them.

“I am therefore appealing to anyone who might have any information about this incident, or anyone involved in it, to come forward and contact Thames Valley Police on the non-emergency number 101.”

EB2 will hopefully be hard to move on Ebay / Gumtree / Preloved etc since it is now known on BC. As above there are not a vast amount of them about. have Cash Convertors been told and is the serial number known? Good luck with recovery, some people :(

Sorry to hear about your problems and loss. Good luck in finding the bass.

From the Police Web site:
[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following a burglary in which two guitars were stolen.[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
The incident is believed to have occurred on Saturday, 29 October at a property in North Twelfth Street, Milton Keynes.[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
The offender/s is believed to have gained entry to the property through the back door.[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[font=inherit]
A Gibson EB-2 Sunburst Hollow body single pickup bass guitar (pictured), which is more than 40-years-old, and a 1980s BBC00 Yamaha guitar, were stolen from the property.[/font][font=inherit]
Investigating officer Det Con Chris Bigg, based at Milton Keynes police station, said: “This burglary has caused distress to the family, and these guitars hold great sentimental value to them.[/font][font=inherit]
“I am therefore appealing to anyone who might have any information about this incident, or anyone involved in it, to come forward and contact Thames Valley Police on the non-emergency number 101.”[/font][/font][/color] Edited by Grangur