Why become a member? ×

Driver for SWR Goliath III

Chopthebass

I acquired an SWR Goliath III for the princely sum of $0! It has a driver missing and the guy said he wasn't sure if the remaining 10" driver or horn was any good. Turns out they are! Anyway, I understand I can't get an original PAS driver any more. Would there be a good Eminence alternative? The cab is 4 ohm, so I need an 8. Cheers, Ian

I may have a couple of 16 ohm PAS if you'd be interested? PM me if you are..

In the Goli Jr, a few people on here have run the Eminence BP102 as well as Deltalite as alternatives to the PAS drivers. Mine had Deltalites installed but I preferred the PAS chassis that came with the sale..

Personally I'd re-driver the entire cab wiith an appropriate model (the above suggestions work in the 210 but I've never run the numbers on the 410) rather than running a different driver with the existing three..

I blew two drivers in. Golly II 4x10 so replaced all four with Deltalites and it's become my single cab solution so much so that I sold the Golly III I used to mate it with. The Deltalites do have a more pronounced mid range to my old cloth ears but this mid is very 'musical'

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1479499315' post='3177099']
I blew two drivers in. Golly II 4x10 so replaced all four with Deltalites and it's become my single cab solution so much so that I sold the Golly III I used to mate it with. [b]The Deltalites do have a more pronounced mid range to my old cloth ears [/b]but this mid is very 'musical'
[/quote]

I agree that the deltalites (not unlike their cereamic counterparts too) have a rising rate mid range but I thought this masked the HF component at the upper end of that response whereas the PAS seemed roll off just in the right place. I prefer the smoother response of the cabs which is why I sold the Eminence. :D