Why become a member? ×

Kay P bass parts

Next up is a Kay p bass neck and body project. Im selling these as I already have a fully working kay p bass and I may be getting another shortly, so I wont get around to doing anything with these. The neck and body fit together well and all screw holes line up, but I dont have the backplate so you'd have to get one made. The scratchplate is missing one screw, and it doesnt seem to screw into anything when I do put a screw in there. The body is solid and heavy and has its share of scars but no cracks anywhere and still has the original bridge. I dont know if the truss rod works on the neck, and I dont know how it all sits when its put together as Ive never had the backplate to find out. The neck still has the Bushels in the headstock and I'll put a new string tree on it aswell.
Feel free to make me an offer on the pair or if you just want the neck or body

Edited by kevbass

I've had a couple of these. I'm in no fit state to be starting another project now, but always thought these bodies - which are incredibly solid, dense timber - would be a good basis for a P project with a better neck & hardware. I think you could easily enough plug the screwholes in the neck pocket & re-drill for a standard 4-screw plate.

Just out of curiosity Kev, do you have any sort of ballpark figure in mind?

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='305148' date='Oct 13 2008, 12:03 AM']I've had a couple of these. I'm in no fit state to be starting another project now, but always thought these bodies - which are incredibly solid, dense timber - would be a good basis for a P project with a better neck & hardware. I think you could easily enough plug the screwholes in the neck pocket & re-drill for a standard 4-screw plate.

Just out of curiosity Kev, do you have any sort of ballpark figure in mind?

Jon.[/quote]

Not too sure of a ball park figure, if you fancy making an offer feel free, Im not expecting much, just want to clearout and make some space.

Kev