Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot monster cabinet

Treb

[quote name='Jaco Pastasciutta' timestamp='1480530709' post='3185171']
I see his demo in a french musicstore, he also played a green Fender 5 with maple fingerboard.
The sound of the Status 6 with the BFC :blink: is the kind of thing that make you realize how the bass is a powerful instrument !!!

I still have the dedicated poster, a jacket with a big embroidered Trace Elliot logo in the back (a friend win a set of strings).
Great memory, David Jacob is a funny guy.
[/quote]

I spoke to him breifly but my french is non existant and his english not great but he was truly inspirational to watch. On a subconcious level, he probably also helped influence the purchase of my V4 too - I had a 712-SMC at the time. Listening to that V8 he was playing growl, I knew I needed one too..

[quote name='BassBod' timestamp='1479476659' post='3176846']
There was an early 80's Trace cab, which had a 12"/15"/18" in a column..but no idea if it had a name - think it was from the Soundwave PA days.
[/quote]
I remeber Jamie Stewert from the Death Cult using something like that, or maybe it was a 15", 210's sideways and a couple of High frequency 8's or 6's at the top. I did roadie their gear for a tour, but it was a long time ago :)
Great sound he got out of the stingray and TE stack. Blown away by how great it sounded everynight.

• 3 weeks later...