Why become a member? ×

Proper moulded ear plugs. 66% off

Owen

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/294259-full-time-musician-mu-member/page__pid__3174982#entry3174982"]http://basschat.co.u...82#entry3174982[/url]

You have been promising yourself proper earplugs since forever. "How much? I will buy them next time." When you hit tinnitus which will not go away it will be too late. Trust me, I know. Do it now.

Edited by owen

It has been said before and I will say it again. That whistling after a gig is ear damage, permanent damage. You wake up next morning and it's gone, but the next rehearsal it's back. That's not the same damage, that's yet more on top. Hearing damage is cumulative and one day waking up, the whistle won't have gone. You may even have more than one whistle, white noise or even a low level hum that sounds like someon sat outside with a car engine running.

Get proper moulded ear plugs. I use 64 Audio filtered plugs personally as well as their line of moulded in-ear monitors, because I already know what hearing damage feels like.

Don't put it off, just stick it on the credit card or something!

You then get to the stage where your damaged hearing seems to get even more damaged more easily!

There's carelessness and there blind f***ing stupidity.

No discussion, if you're playing occasionally or regularly in a band you [i]need[/i] hearing protection.

T'ain't just drummers (I'm a drummer; have you guessed..?). How many times has the PA set off a high-pitched scream as a mic passes too close, or the keys decide to try out his new orchestral stabs without checking his volume..? The list is long (including a bombarde doing a sound check; that sent our whole band reeling back a few metres..!). Brass can get very loud, too.
Tinnitus and hearing loss often set in in any case with increasing age (don't ask how I know this...). It cannot be cured, but it can be staved off for as long as possible.

Edited by Dad3353