Why become a member? ×

Scored an Ibanez Roadstar RS800

bjelkeman

So the other day i got pinged by someone who had a friend who had bought an Ibanez bass that he had changed his mind on. I am known around the community as someone who collects Ibanez basses from "the golden age", i.e. 1979-1985. So people regularly tipp me off on things that might be of interest.

It turns out it was a bass I had missed bidding on in a sale from a pawnshop earlier on. Which turned out to be fortunate, as I was offered to buy it at the price he bought it, otherwise I would have ended up driving the price up with my bids.

A few nicks on the body, but otherwise in really good shape. I cleaned up the frets on it today and put new strings on it. Very nice indeed. I have an Ibanez Musician MC800, which has the same pickup placement which I really like. So this suites me really well. My small amp is at the practice space so I haven't really heard it yet, but acoustically it sounds like this will be great.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/NFoLGE][/url]

Edited by bjelkeman