Why become a member? ×

How good is the Faith Natural Neptune Titan acoustic bass?

Binderos Bass

I've got one and I really like it - especially as I got it at a really good discount off list price! Around £550 - PMT' curret pricelooks good. It's a perfectly functional acoustic bass and was the best of the bunch I tried in Andertons when I bought it - including a £700 Takamine which felt and sounded leaden compared to the Faith. The acoustic sound is nice and the preamp - though simple (with one tone control) is really well voiced, with tailored profile at either end. As I recall, rather than just being more or less treble it has something of a smile curve at one end and sweeps through to another profile.

The acoustic feel and sound are very good, esp at this price point and I use it a lot at home for practice.

I would say that it is very resonant so if you do go for one then also invest in a soundhole feedback buster for live work. Makes a huge difference to the headroom before feedback problems set in.

So if you want a nice acoustic bass it's not a bad choice at all - I do like mine lots. However as others have said, you could probably get away quite nicely with an eelctric bass and a small amp. You'll need to amplify the acoustic bass anyway, it won't hold its own acoustically (no criticism, pretty much none will, unless you are straying into guitarron territory). So it comes down to whether you are looking for the all acoustic look and the more piezoelectric acoustic pickup sound. And that £609 PMT price looks really good against the other shops offering it at £850+

Edited by TrevorR