Why become a member? ×

Quite tasty 'copy'

ROConnell

That's rather cool, and very unusual to see a 70s MIJ copy that's anything other than sunburst or natural.

I quite like the odd little inaccuracies in these old copies, part of their charm for me. Fresher's a pretty uncommon brand in the UK, not imported in any great quantities, & possibly not official at all.

These are believed to have been made by Chushin Gakki - which basically means this will be the same bass as more common brands like Columbus or Grant. But try finding one of them in white!

• 7 months later...

Sorry to be late to reply - just saw your link and mention of this on another thread
These were indeed, seldom seen, even back when they were made

A pal of mine had one in natural, and the Fresher logo looked rather different - in fact, it had been made to look more Fender-like
Also the headstock and machine heads looked more Fender-like.... at least from my ailing memory...

What isn't in question though, was its' quality - it really was a nice bass to play. Sounded good through an amp too. My pal gigged his quite a lot
I do recall it being rather heavy though.....

EDIT: It suddenly came to me, that my pal bought his Fresher Jazz in a (long gone) music shop in Cwmbran shopping centre, South Wales - Must have been either 1981 or 1982
...in case you needed such useless information ;)

Edited by Marc S