Why become a member? ×

Status Groove 5 string For Sale, £200 plus P&P

silverfoxnik

[b]Bass is now SOLD!.. Pending the usual...[/b]

Hi Folks

I just recently bought this beautiful 5 string bass from Merton after having nagged him about it for a year, but sadly, it's just not for me due to having narrower string spacing than I'm used to.

The bass itself is in great condition, works perfectly, plays like a dream and for a 34" scale neck it has one of the most rock solid low B's I've ever hear on a 5 string. Soundwise, it's very much in the 'Stingray' mould, having just one pick up in the 'sweet-spot' position. As the name suggests, for funk and groove stuff, it's absolutely perfect!

I'll get some better pictures up tomorrow night but for now, details are that it's a black body with black pickguard and maple neck with rosewood fretboard. All round condition is about 8/10 for it's age I'd say.. basically, it's the same as this, but in black:

[attachment=15027:groosilv.jpg]

And here's a close up of the body taken at the SE Bash in September:
[attachment=15028:Groove_5_close_up.jpg]

More info about the Groove bass can be found [url="http://www.status-graphite.com/oldsite/groove.htm"]here.[/url]. By the way, this bass used to belong to the sadly missed, late Wigfinder General and therefore, has some real Bassworld/Basschat history attached to it.

I'm looking for £200 for it, which is what I paid for it 3 weeks ago and I'm not looking for any trades to be honest.. For any more info, please PM me.

Thanks for looking :)

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='311715' date='Oct 22 2008, 01:17 AM']and if anyones intrested, i guess the string spacing is the same as my old shark and its a fine and dandy thing to play, you can strum it in ways you've never done before...[/quote]
Cheers Luke... Bass is now SOLD - pending the usual!