Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-Max Amp For Sale, £185 plus P&P **SOLD**

silverfoxnik

[b]** SOLD pending the usual **[/b]

Hi Folks

I bought this amp a few months ago from Bottomfeed (who I hope won't mind me using his pictures for now) for £200 in order to try out the whole 'tubey goodness' thing, but have decided that I'm more of a solid-state luddite at heart! To be more specific, the T-Max sounds great with my Fender Jazz 5 but not so good with my Roscoe Beck 5 and because the Roscoe sounded so good with my Gallien Krueger 700RB, I've decided I need to go back to a solid-state head as the RBV is my main bass..

So, I've bought an Eden Nemesis head which means I need to sell this on. But before I put it on Ebay which is getting to be more and more of a rip-off, I thought I'd offer it here to Basschatters first. It's in good condition for a 10 year old amp and was serviced regularly by it's last owner, though the SKB rack case which it's housed in has seen better days!

[attachment=15029:T_maxfront.jpg]

The Peavey T-Max bass head's were made in the USA and like most Peavey gear, are pretty much indestructible it would seem and the T-Max is sometimes quoted as being one of the best amps the company has ever made. As it happens, I still have an older Mark IV head which is solid-state and that is a testament really to how solidly these USA Peavey heads are made.

[attachment=15030:T_maxback.jpg]

Basically, it has two channels; 1 x tube and 1 x solid state channels that you can run independently or be combined for a wide range of tones. It also features a graphic EQ, effects loop, DI, switch for active and passive basses and has a variable crossover for bi-amping. This amp puts out a very loud [b]350 watts[/b] into [b]4 ohms[/b] or [b]500 watts[/b] into [b]2 ohms[/b]..

[attachment=15031:T_maxFC.jpg]

All of the info can be found on the Peavey site and here is a link to the manual:

[url="http://www.peavey.com/media/pdf/manuals/80302264.pdf"]http://www.peavey.com/media/pdf/manuals/80302264.pdf[/url].

For more info, there's loads of [b]great reviews[/b] of the T-Max [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Peavey/T+Max+Head/10/1"]HERE[/url] on Harmony Central

I'm going to try to do some better pictures tonight and if anybody wants any more info, please PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Like I said, I paid £200 but I'm looking for around [b]£185 plus P&P[/b] for this classic Peavey head...

Thanks for looking :)

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='cheddatom' post='311016' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:01 AM']I had the cash counted in my hand and the PM written! If I was actually playing bass in a band I would have bought this - it's my dream amp, but I can't see me ever playing bass in a band again. Have a depressed bump :)[/quote]
Thanks for the bump cheddatom; I know you've always said in other threads that you wanted a T-Max and I can understand why.. Gotta agree with you that it'd be a bit pointless having an amp like this that puts out a lot of volume, without having regular gigs at which to use it! Maybe your gigging situation will change sometime soon and surprise you?

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='311027' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:09 AM']Hey Nick, you get through more amps than I do socks :huh: You should have bought my EBS rig. Still waiting for you to come round and try my MBII :unsure:[/quote]

:huh:

Mind you John, socks are a lot cheaper so maybe that's where I need to focus my GAS these days!!

Since starting playing again (for the first time in 12 years) about two years ago, I've had a Peavey Mk IV which I still have and am very fond of, a Hartke HA3500 which I didn't get on with at all, a Gallien Krueger 700RB which was great and I was stupid to get rid of and most recently, the T-Max..

So by my reckoning, that's 4 amps in 2 years which is about 1 amp every 6 months which isn't too bad a ratio bearing in mind I have been trying to work out what I really like and what I don't like with my gear..

I'm hoping that when the Eden arrives next week I'm going to have finally got it right, as I'm very happy at the moment with the SWR Triad, my Roscoe Beck 5 and the DBX MC compressor.. Just need the right amp to bring it all together! :huh:

You're absolutely right; I'm a complete flake and haven't come round to check out the EBS Microbass as I should have done so I'll send you a PM or text you to work something out soon..

Cheers

Nik