Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD...Godin Acoustibass LS Baggs model 4 string 12/4 now £375
£450

Paul S

Godin Acoustibass LS Baggs model. This is one of those gorgeous, slimline Canadian electro-acoustic basses. Black with a warm, aged cream binding, fretted neck, blak headstock. It is scruffy, and when I bought it, not working. I had the electrics completely overhauled and it now works just as it should. Strung with black nylon flats, I think Status. But it is still scruffy... hence the ridiculously low price - after all, it is a Godin Acoustibass!! In good nick this would be twice the price. Comes with the original hard case with Godin written on it!

Pictures tomorrow.

Looking for [s]£450[/s] [s]£400[/s] £375 collected from SS7 or meet up, £400 with fully insured overnight courier to mainland UK

Edited by Paul S

It is a double cutaway. I don't know what vibrating tines are so don't know if it has any.

It looks like this one [url="http://fr.audiofanzine.com/basse-electro-acoustique/godin/acoustibass-lr-baggs/medias/photos/a.play,m.777253.html"]http://fr.audiofanzine.com/basse-electro-acoustique/godin/acoustibass-lr-baggs/medias/photos/a.play,m.777253.html[/url] if that helps.

Thanks. Some of the early ones have a panel on the back like the pic below. In the body cavity there are a number of 'tines' that vibrate sympathetically when the bass is played and give it a more resonant acoustic sound.
[URL=http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/iankay/media/Stuff/Godin%20Acoustibass.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i370/iankay/Stuff/Godin%20Acoustibass.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Ah, I didn't realise that all double cuts had the resonating harp thingy. Maybe only the very early ones had an access panel

Edited by ikay

No panel on the back so no idea what is going on inside. I'll take pics later.

Convert to 5 string? The neck is wide enough but the entire bridge assembly would need changing, which I guess would mean a new pickup too. Then again, it is cheap enough to allow a bit of modding!

Also adding another hole in the headstock for the extra tuner? It is not like you are ruining a pristine instrument, though.

Anyway, some pictures. Some general shots, plus some close up (some out of focus!) of bad bits. The paint around the metal plate of the pre-amp has lifted in a few places. Someone (ok, me) splodged a permanent marker over it. Ditto a mark on the lower horn. Ditto a mark near the bridge - not sure what happened here as it is raised. Quite possibly the bridge had been glued back on at some point and this is a blob left on it? Overall there are surface scratches and swirls over quite a lot of the finish. If I could have been bothered most of these would have polished out. A few chips to the edges of the headstock that were mercifully saved from the marker pen. So those are the bad bits - all cosmetic. None has any affect whatsoever on the playability. The binding is actually intact and in good condition - that would have been tricky to fix but no need.

Good bits - well, it is a Godin. They are legendary. It feels and sounds magnificent. 3 band eq allows adjustment to pretty much anything you would want.

Price is firm as it is a bargain.

[attachment=239570:godin1.jpg] [attachment=239571:godin2.jpg] [attachment=239572:godin3.jpg] [attachment=239573:godin4.jpg] [attachment=239574:godin5.jpg] [attachment=239575:godin6.jpg] [attachment=239576:godin7.jpg] [attachment=239579:godin8.jpg] [attachment=239580:godin9.jpg] [attachment=239581:godin10.jpg] [attachment=239581:godin10.jpg] [attachment=239583:godin12.jpg] [attachment=239584:godin13.jpg] [attachment=239585:godin14.jpg] [attachment=239586:godin15.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...