Why become a member? ×

Certainly a contender for ugliest bass

I quite like it - but I'm a sucker for a headless.

Obviously a one-off but not as wonky as most home-made basses seem to be. Design would be quite nice if it was a bit less angular, imo.

I usually like bold colours but that rattlecan purple's a bit grim, though. Now relisted at £150 BIN: [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Headless-4-string-bass-unique/292047671627"]http://www.ebay.co.u...ue/292047671627[/url]

The colour doesn't do it any favours, does it? Not bright enough to be properly in-your-face, but too purple to be ignored. Not a good look IMO. I don't like the split body either side of the bridge/tuners much, either.

The top horn, though; that's classy.

I'm not particularly a fan of Headless basses. But I don't dislike that bass.
In fact, I quite like it! The colour is OK too - I've definitely seen worse, and IMO, uglier basses
Some might say "what do you expect?" - as I've currently got a penchant for Shell Pink basses ;)

This looks an OK sort of travel bass to me; Quite small, probably fairly light, due to the small body
Great if you're using battery amps and busking or doing jam sessions, and want something less bulky to cart around

The thing I don't quite like about it is the "clamp" at the (lack of) headstock end - it doesn't look that secure to me
Maybe that's just the photo though?

Edited by Marc S