Why become a member? ×

FS: Trace Elliot BLX150 - 150 Watts RMS compact combo

op76

I'm selling my much loved (and looked after) Trace Elliot BLX 150 combo amp. This was the most powerful out of the BLX's (I think they did an 80 and a 130) and gives 150W RMS/300W Peak. Here's some info:

High frequency horn (often not on the other models)
GP7SM 150 amp with 7 band graphic
Two Pre shapes button
Active/Passive button
Effects send/return
DI out
Mute button
Tuner out
Second speak output (8 Ohm) for extension cabinet
Manual included
Size (approx!) 19" by 19" and 13" deep
Not sure if it's a 10" or 12" speaker

I have gigged with this just once but found it loud enough for a medium sized venue. Perfect amp for practice which can easily hold it's own at rehearsal/gigs. Can't find any internet photos (the BLX80 are far more common but much less powerful and without the high frequency horn).

Looking for around £250 or possible trade with an Ampeg head.
Collection only please from lovely South London.

Cheers,
Ollie

Edited by op76

[quote name='BassManKev' post='313745' date='Oct 24 2008, 01:05 PM']:)

yeah its a 10 inch, and iirc they did an 80w and a 150w with a tweeter after they did the original 80w and 130w series[/quote]
I found it hard to find any of these around to compare used prices. Lots of 80W's, but never seen my one for sale. 150W RMS in my view makes it a very versatile amp as it can hold its own in rehearsal and in small to medium size venues. If the girlfriend allowed me I would have kept this along with the rig I am building. Did I say it is carpet covered (ie not vinyl)?

[quote name='op76' post='313841' date='Oct 24 2008, 02:32 PM']I found it hard to find any of these around to compare used prices. Lots of 80W's, but never seen my one for sale. 150W RMS in my view makes it a very versatile amp as it can hold its own in rehearsal and in small to medium size venues. If the girlfriend allowed me I would have kept this along with the rig I am building. Did I say it is carpet covered (ie not vinyl)?[/quote]

Could let it go for £200 for a quick sale...