Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Blazer Bass

op76

I've read a few posts here about the Ibanez Blazer Bass and it appears people like these solid P bass copies. I'm afraid little detail at the mo - I can get serial numbers etc to work out age over the weekend, but I just wanted to see if there would be interest first.

The neck is in good condition and the body has had a re-spray (have to hold my hand up to this as I have owned it for almost 15 years and decided when I was 17 that the dark natural brown wood stain was not for me!). So currently it is a metalic blue colour, but I suspect whoever goes for it will want to strip it down to the bare wood and start again. The scratch plate is broken near the lead socket and the pick-ups work fine. Also volume and tone pots work without noise.

I don't think it would take much to strip it down and possibly replace the pick-ups/electrics and the pick guard as some one on this forum did before (and that looked stunning btw!).

[b]Serial number dates it as December 1980[/b] - one thing I have to say is it is playable now and the tone, even on the currently pick-ups is good. The body weighs a bit but the sustain is awesome. Bought a new Sandberg last year and looking to upgrade my amp so can't justify keeping this - though I know I'll regret that decision in years to come.

Let me know if this project/second bass would interest you and I'll put pictures on.

[b]I've attached pictures here of a SIMILAR bass - please note this is not the bass I am selling but just to give you an idea of the pick-up and headstock because I've seen other Blazer's which look slightly different[/b]

Edited by op76

[quote name='andy67' post='313873' date='Oct 24 2008, 03:09 PM']yeah!

please put pics up, very interested.

andy[/quote]
OK, will get these sorted over the weekend. I will note peoples interest (in the order they have posted and/or PM'd) and once I've figured out how much I want for it I will offer in turn.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='313893' date='Oct 24 2008, 03:35 PM']Definitely [b]very[/b] interested in a project Blazer - as long as it's a project price you're asking.

Jon.[/quote]
Blimey, lots of interest! Yes, I think I will be asking for project bass price - It does play now though so you are getting a working bass. Having seen what a forum member did to his the potential is to make a custom tone bass is great.

Amp head trades welcome. Looking for ideally an Ampeg head though that maybe asking too much!

[quote name='The Burpster' post='314625' date='Oct 25 2008, 06:04 PM']Would that be me....... :)

Its changed hands twice now and two very happy peeps![/quote]
Any idea what wood the body is made out of? It's quite heavy but by god the thing is solid!
Neck just plain old maple. Had a play last night and it does for my untrained ear sound like a P bass with the original humbucker. When it's not plugged in it is very loud acoustically - much more than my Sandberg.
Photos tomorrow then it will get shifted.