Why become a member? ×

SOLD THANKS!! JV Squire Precision 62 spec 1982
£675

fingerz

Bass sold almost instantly. Thanks for all PM's. Cheers!

A reluctant sale of my rather nice Squire JV P bass.

This bass dates from 1982, and is that classic 'Jamerson' /'62 spec that I was after when I got it. It's been used by me a fair bit, but mainly I play Jazz bass and have to play 5 a lot as I do shows so, needing some cash, I'm putting this up for sale..

Specs however obvious, are as follows:
Scale length: 34"
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Body: Alder
Tuners: Vintage/original reverse type
Neck: Rock maple
Pup: Lindy Fralin (fitted by me - it's amazing, original included in sale)
Weight: around 8.5lb mark. It's VERY light. Can weigh on request if deal breaker.

This bass suffered from a warped neck last year. After trying to get it set up nice and low, and not succeeding, I knew something was up. I took it to the Gallery who confirmed it had a 'back bow', and they heat treated it over the course of a week. The bass has travelled to Egypt, Europe, Scotland, Ireland, all over the UK and the neck has been absolutely stable ever since. I also fitted a Lindy Fralin pup (£120) which is creamy, growly and fat just as it should be, it sounds great. The original pup is fine and I will include in the sale. I also shielded the bass with copper tape in the cavity and behind the pick guard. SO basically I have spent a fait bit of money on it, but the market will of course only support the model and type of bass it is, so I'm asking for what I know to be a very fair price for a tip top JV.

A few minor marks here and there, amazing condition for it's age.

Bass is without a case, as it came without one. I do have an old hiscox which we could do a deal on if it needs to ship, but hopefully it's buyer will meet or collect it safely.

Hope it goes to a good home and gets played a lot! Any questions please PM or call me 07719154668.

Located in Stroud, Gloucestershire, but happy to travel if needed.

Thanks a lot for looking, Cheers!

Edited by fingerz