Why become a member? ×

FCOT FM. Live from Farnborough!

Midweek we did a three song session for students at Farnborough College of Technology. Studio production forms part of the student's course work; they set everything up and produce and there's a bunch of cameras up so another department can turn out a video.

Elsewhere, FCOT have an FM license and broadcast to a thirty/forty mile radius. We were interviewed after.

Video below. (Bass playing is a bit subdued as my left thumb was giving me considerable gyp and had been in a splint all day. Ack.)

If you're local to Farnborough, hit them up for a session, they're desperate for local bands to experiment on!!

http://youtu.be/06GOu9JjHDM

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1494064747' post='3292926']
Great stuff Paul. We did one of these kind of gigs. Turned up and played and got a free promo out of it.

You don't have much luck with your hands do you?
My left elbow is now in a support brace and my left hand is still giving me a hard time. Nowhere near as bad as when we spoke though.

Keep up the great work mate.
[/quote]

Four operations in...the (unoperated on) right thumb has settled down a bit, but the left one is giving me major issues now (it's overtaken the rightie), but it's up and down. Today I'm 100% pain free. I wore a splint all the day of the recording, but the lack of movement kind of exasperated the lack of mobility and the pain was excruciating (to the point of wanting to chuck up at one point - you can see me grimacing at one point on one of the videos). It just felt knotted up and needing a good crack to free up the joint!

Incidentally, whether it helps or not, I've been taking turmeric three times a day for about the last week or so. It's a proven anti-inflammatory, worth a punt ahead of basal joint surgery and it does help a bit to stabilise the joint.