Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Musicman Stringray 4 in Trans Red (new pics)

Jobiebass

[quote name='flip' post='476777' date='May 1 2009, 10:30 AM']Do you happen to know the approximate weight of this bass? Does it neck dive at all?

Cheers![/quote]

I think this is the bass Jobiebass brought with him when he bought an amp from me a while ago. If so, its the lightest 'ray I've played by a considerable margain. Very nice colour too!

[quote name='simon1964' post='476884' date='May 1 2009, 12:06 PM']I think this is the bass Jobiebass brought with him when he bought an amp from me a while ago. If so, its the lightest 'ray I've played by a considerable margain. Very nice colour too![/quote]

Yeah Same bass Simon,

I weighed myself then weighed myself with the bass and its about 8.8lb give or take 0.1 which as they are supposed to be 10ish?, is pretty damn light.

[quote name='flip' post='476777' date='May 1 2009, 10:30 AM']Do you happen to know the approximate weight of this bass? Does it neck dive at all?

Cheers![/quote]

Nahh, no neck dive, sits quite well to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='495472' date='May 22 2009, 06:50 PM']Thanks for the Dave![/quote]

hell, how many folk have played this bass lol. pretty keen on the bass, have half the money sitting aside, just have to find the rest. just wondering if the paint solid or can you see the wood grain through it?

[quote name='stevieb85' post='495790' date='May 23 2009, 08:35 AM']hell, how many folk have played this bass lol. pretty keen on the bass, have half the money sitting aside, just have to find the rest. just wondering if the paint solid or can you see the wood grain through it?[/quote]

Ive got this one! :) (im the original owner)

Its a beautiful transparent red!!

:rolleyes:

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='495912' date='May 23 2009, 11:20 AM']Ive got this one! :) (im the original owner)

Its a beautiful transparent red!!

:rolleyes:[/quote]

haha thanks for clearing that up.

when you say transparent, do you mean you can see the wood grain? im not a big fan of painted wood grain

[quote name='stevieb85' post='495934' date='May 23 2009, 11:37 AM']haha thanks for clearing that up.

when you say transparent, do you mean you can see the wood grain? im not a big fan of painted wood grain[/quote]

Yeah, you can see the grain thru the paint, im guessing its a red stain then clear lackered.

Yeah a fair few have played it lol. I buy/sell lots of basses so people have played it when they have been here etc, plus I took it to the bass bash last year. :)