Why become a member? ×

Musicman Value??

Linus27

[quote name='Linus27' post='316268' date='Oct 27 2008, 10:54 PM']Would these prices be correct if the Black Cherry Burst or Pacific Blue Burt had matching coloured heads or would this bump the price up a little more?[/quote]

Should bump it up a bit yeah. Why you ask? Got your eye on one?

I've been closely watching Stingray prices for a few months. Ray's that are 'popular' colours have been going for less than the less 'popular' colours. Personally I don't care for colour matched heads, to others it's important. There's no real rhyme or reason to it, you've just got to be selling yours at the precise time a few people are looking to buy the exact model/finish.

If it were me trying to sell, I'd either put it up for £725 ono, or auction it with a BIN of £695, but I've seen matched headstock finishes go for £800+ - but that's really the exception to the rule.

Of the last 33 Stingrays up on ebay, only 6 of them sold, and they were:

£640 - Teal/Maple
£545 - Pearl Blue/Maple
£747 - Natural/Maple
£650 - Natural/Rosewood
£512 - Black/Maple (which imho was the best looking one)
£750 - Natural/Rosewood

[quote name='Linus27' post='316268' date='Oct 27 2008, 10:54 PM']Would these prices be correct if the Black Cherry Burst or Pacific Blue Burt had matching coloured heads or would this bump the price up a little more?[/quote]
trans blue colours tend to be pretty desirable, i'd pay up to about £800-£850 if i found a good condition single H pacific blueburst SR4 with maple board and unmatching headstock. It's more what you're prepared to pay than anything. If enough people think like then obviously it'll sell for more on ebay, and the one's i've seen do.

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='joe_bass' post='316269' date='Oct 27 2008, 10:57 PM']Should bump it up a bit yeah. Why you ask? Got your eye on one?[/quote]

I am looking for one to buy and looking at all my options.

How much would a year old Trans Teal 3 eq be worth?