Why become a member? ×

Playing To Large Festival Crowds, Any Advice?

blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1494532509' post='3296836']
My band has be lucky enough to play the infamous Summerfest for the last 6 years as a support act on headline stages.

However they have always been weekday slots early in the day, 12:30 or 1:30. One year we had a 3:30 on the Johnson Controls Sound stage and we had about 1,200 people.

This year, and I don't know how we lucked out. We play July 2nd , a Sunday on the ULine Rock Stage at 7:30.

Peter Frampton is the headliner and he starts at 9:30.

I'm thinking we will be playing to at least 3,000. I'm already nervous as hell. I'm conjuring up images of me hyperventilating and having an anxiety attack.

Biggest gig of my life. Help!

Blue
[/quote]

Congrats on your gig

I did summer Festival a number of years ago and split ale all over me on a hot summers day , I was then hounded by some wasps , my wife commented how I was dancing more than usual , she couldn't see the wasps I was trying to shake off .

I'm sure yours will go well , your a time served player , just do your thing

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1494688372' post='3297887']

Congrats on your gig

I did summer Festival a number of years ago and split ale all over me on a hot summers day , I was then hounded by some wasps , my wife commented how I was dancing more than usual , she couldn't see the wasps I was trying to shake off .

I'm sure yours will go well , your a time served player , just do your thing
[/quote]

Thanks mojo.

Blue