Why become a member? ×

AoS mini-tour of Peterborough 31/10-1/11

Adrenochrome

So my band are playing Ebeneezers this Friday night and the Cherry Tree on Saturday night.
It'd be great to see any locals there who fancy it? We have a girly singer and lots of great rock covers to play.

The gig at Ebeneezers is actually a private booking but there'd be no problem with people popping in.
We'll start both gigs at about 9pm.

Let me know if anyone needs further details.
ta, Jon

Edited by Adrenochrome

Agree with Nick - Ebeneezers can be hit or miss - it's quite a big place but a nice stage. Cherry Tree will be great if you get the regular Saturday crowd as they love a good rock covers band. Hope you haven't got too much gear though, it's a tight squeeze. Can't promise anything but might make it Saturday. I'll try to bring our singer as she's always up for checking out other girl vocalists!

Steve

[quote name='Muppet' post='318045' date='Oct 29 2008, 11:35 PM']Agree with Nick - Ebeneezers can be hit or miss - it's quite a big place but a nice stage. Cherry Tree will be great if you get the regular Saturday crowd as they love a good rock covers band. Hope you haven't got too much gear though, it's a tight squeeze. Can't promise anything but might make it Saturday. I'll try to bring our singer as she's always up for checking out other girl vocalists!

Steve[/quote]

Cool, our singer's family are from Peterborough so we're guaranteed an audience tonight at least.
We are just guit/bass/drums/singist so no real problems with space. I'm setting off in 2 hours time so I hope the A1 is behaving itself today!

Jon

Both gigs went well -
Ebeneezers was very good for loading and a nice stage area to set up on, plenty of family in to see our singer.
Cherry Tree was good once we'd sorted out setting up at a funny angle to allow plenty of access round the bar area.

We got a very enthusiastic response at the Cherry Tree which was pleasing since it was just locals in there who'd never heard of us before. We've been asked back at the Cherry Tree, we probably need to do Friday&Saturday gigs nearby to make the travelling worthwhile.

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='320728' date='Nov 3 2008, 10:14 AM']Both gigs went well -
Ebeneezers was very good for loading and a nice stage area to set up on, plenty of family in to see our singer.
Cherry Tree was good once we'd sorted out setting up at a funny angle to allow plenty of access round the bar area.

We got a very enthusiastic response at the Cherry Tree which was pleasing since it was just locals in there who'd never heard of us before. We've been asked back at the Cherry Tree, we probably need to do Friday&Saturday gigs nearby to make the travelling worthwhile.[/quote]

Meant to say that the Cherry can be a bit of a squeeze (Steve did mention it!) - although I've played there with an 8 piece band - took over most of the `back wall' area! Glad to hear the gigs went well - Peterborough can be a funny place to play in terms of `crowds' - it varies tremendously (I can say this as I've lived here all my life except for 6 months in Saudi!) - let me know when you come back!