Why become a member? ×

Fender P Bass Expert In The House.

jonnythenotes

I bought an American Precision De Luxe off one of Bass chats finest a few weeks ago, and I couldn't be more pleased with it... It's a 2008 model, and I believe it is one of the later ones built using a Humbucker at the Bridge position. It's finished in black, with a very fine gold metal flake in the paint, with a serial number of DZ8177204. As I have tried to find more info on this model, I have realised mine is different in a couple of ways, and I presume it's possibly a transition model to the later P Deluxe model, without the humbucker fitted. Firstly, it has the 5 screw neck plate with the curve in it, which I can't find on others after googling other Deluxe models on various sites. Also it has silver Hipshot tuners, again which seem unusual on this model.... (There are models using Hipshots out there, but seem to have black gearing covers.) Finally, the bridge itself seems a little different...a more modern looking thing. Am I right in assuming this is one of the later ones, and they used some of the hardware from what would become a later model.... Thanks chaps

Edited by jonnythenotes

Here's a regular 2008 USA P Deluxe, is yours the same as this? - [url="https://reverb.com/item/884290-2008-fender-american-deluxe-precision-bass-montego-black-w-ohsc"]https://reverb.com/item/884290-2008-fender-american-deluxe-precision-bass-montego-black-w-ohsc[/url]

Yes it must be one of the later/last runs as they changed to the current deluxe model with jazz type bridge pickup and new hi-mass bridge in 2009/10.

The first USA P Deluxe was introduced around 1986 with bridge humbucker, 4 bolt neck and black+chrome tuners.This model ran to around 2000 when the 5-bolt neck was added. Somewhere around 2006 the tuners were changed to Hipshot Lites.