Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray Pre-Amp

Umskii

Dear BassChatters :)

Having owned over 4 different Musicman Stingrays 4's :D all 3eq models!
I've always had a few questions that I've never found the answer too. This has stopped me buying 'limited edition' and variants of the stingray as most seller don't seem to know the answer. So i'm in the market for a new bass and you know.....I'd real appreciate some answers to my here questions B)

1. Does the [b]Musicman Stingray 4 (3EQ)[/b] and [b]Stingray 5 (3EQ)[/b] share the same pre-amp?

2. Does the [b]Musicman Stingray 4 (2EQ) [/b]and [b]Stingray 4 Classic (2EQ) [/b]share the same pre-amp?

3. Does the[b] Musicman Stingray Classic 4 (2EQ)[/b] and [b]Stingray Classic 5 (2EQ) [/b]share the same pre-amp?

P.s. PMT based in the UK had a Musicman 5 string Sub, Sterling and a Stingray in stock. Weirdly enough the Stingray priced at £2000, the most expensive of the 3 had a really floppy B string, bass was set up perfectly. The Sub 5 priced at £350 had a really tight B string out of the 3. Strange!!

Cheers guys :D

Edited by Umskii