Why become a member? ×

Unexpected bass lines

Happy Jack

I've spent 40 years singing along to this song, so busy with the singing that I never really thought to listen to the bass line being played.

http://youtu.be/7kf3Hyxl67g

Strewth!

Who is that guy and what's he on? From the busy-ness of it, and a vague similarity to [i]Burning Love[/i] (Elvis version) I guessed that it might be Emory Gordy Jr.

According to a very limited Wikipaedia entry about the album, the bass player in question is Daryl Runswick. According to Google, he's an English musician/composer whose own Wiki entry doesn't mention this song or the album it's from.

Anyone know anything about it?

No actual brothers - Scott Engel, John Maus, Gary Leeds..

Lead vocalist Scott Walker, n[size=4]é[/size] Engel, was a bassist by profession but by all accounts the bassist on 'No Regrets' is Darryl Runswick.

Scott Walker ....

Daryl Runswick ....

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1498483236' post='3324903']
... and Runswick goes disco ...

[/quote]

Haha...
Blimey, I remember this, a keyboard player and friend of mine (Pete Kelly) was involved with this project.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am another one who has been walking around with this tune in my head for about forty years... :D[/font][/color]
Yes, I always thought it was [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Darryl Runswick.[/font][/color]