Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR basses

Woodinblack

I’m all about the active these days, after years on passive. I did break out my jazz once, and my band’s engineer told me never to bring a passive again 😅 I’ve decided just to leave the SR300 as it is now. It’s fine, just not as good as the others, but then it’s also much cheaper than the others :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...

Having traded my lovely Ibby SR1825 for a Berg NXT cab back in 2021, I've come to realise how much I'm missing it and how fab and relatively untiring having 16.5mm string spacing on a 5 string bass is! But trying to find an SR Premium 5er used has been quite the task! Think I may finally be about to strike lucky, yaay! 

• Like 3

Normally there are loads around. Although I have got rid of a few of my ibbys I would never get rid of the 1605, and my Maruszczyk has a neck based on its neck, my new OLP has slightly less than 16.5 and the bongo has 17mm so they all work for me!

• 3 weeks later...

NBD - Ibanez 30TH5PE

Ibanez SR30TH5PE.png

Just arrived via an ex band mate now living up in Edinburgh - was collection only from there, which would have ruled it out for me, but a stroke of luck that I had a former bandmate who has relocated to that same city, and is also often back down in London with work.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 11

14 hours ago, biro said:

I have the satinwood version and it’s my favourite bass of all time. Great acquisition!

Oh nice, that's high praise from you, indeed!

There was some mention that only 15 each of the 4 and 5 string Premium editions were made available in the USA, so no idea what that number would have been in the UK?

Guess I just struck lucky to find one, particularly in such good condition!

• Like 1