Why become a member? ×

Mazeti 5 string Neck Through 35"
£370

Owen

I cannot own all the basses. I bought this on Ebay ages ago. There was a period when Mazeti was a name being used by a factory in China. I bid on it in a late night ebay session (you know the ones). I unexpectedly won it. That came as quite a surprise. As is the way of these things, the instrument itself was really nice, but the pickups were ............ uninspiring. So I bought a custom pair of Villex P pickups and the magic happened. It is a 35" scale neck through monster. It weighs in at 8lbs13oz (4Kg) and is just very nice to play. It speaks consistently across the neck, has easy access to the dusty end of the fingerboard. If it does not sell then I will not be overly sad, just a bit at a loss as to what to do with more instruments than I actually need. I know that this is not the way to speak on BC but I am entering a post GAS phase of my life. It is all quite odd. I have taken some pics and realised that the knobs are not on the bass. This is not great advertising, but I will find them and put them on and do a pic for those as well. The controls are Vol/Vol/Tone/Villex mid tone thing. The mid tone thing is a passive mid cut which gives a sort of scooped EQ sound. I would be lying if I said that I thought that this was the very best thing to happen to bass since JS Bach - but there it is and it is not offensive.

It will be shipped in a cardboard box and very well wrapped. No case. No gig bag (unless you want to pay more and I will chuck one in).

Edited by owen

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...