Why become a member? ×

Basschat marketplace search / sort criteria

edstraker123

I was wondering if it would be technically possible to include more mandatory parameters when submitting posts in the marketplace which would allow for easier searching or sorting for any potential buyers.
e,g.in basses for sale you could have no. of strings, scale length, string spacing, brand, price, collection only , sold flag etc
If searches / sorts are based on these parameters rather than being text based, the results would be a lot more accurate.

I do appreciate we might not have the technical resource to do this and I do sometimes enjoy a good trawl, but just wondered if anybody else thinks this would be worthwhile.

This is not the 'official' response, but I'll offer it anyway...

We have quite enough trouble getting the current, few, mandatory fields filled, and the 'Sold' flag is rather a sore point with me, as I spend a great deal of time sorting out the crazy stuff in the Marketplace (OK, I'm old, so I have time to spare. True, but by the same token, I have that much time left for doing stuff..!).
There is a 'new, improved' forum being (slowly...) prepared, with some features that have been wanting, both by members and by Mods and Admins for some time, but I doubt that it will be the 'all-dancing, all singing' '[i]usine de gaz[/i]' that's often suggested. Meanwhile, keep the ideas coming in, they're all carefully considered, but don't expect miracles, that's what cathedrals are for. :)

Edit: Ped's faster at typing than me, it seems..! :lol:

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1504476107' post='3365170']...
[size=3][b]Soon Come: [/b]All-New BassChat marketplace [/size]
[/quote]

:lol: How fitting..!

GAS fitting... GAS..? Fitting..? No..? Never mind; I was just leaving anyway. :D

Edited by Dad3353