Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Hofner 5000/1 Deluxe 2006 - just stunning!
£2000

Rabbie

This is gonna hurt me bad, especially at this price!
A wonderful example of Hofner workmanship, this bass was made in 2006. It plays and sounds heavenly, comes with its deluxe hard case, and it's a unbelievable bass on all levels.
I'm selling it purely because I need to purchase a double bass, so if you have one to trade, get in touch, bearing in mind, I live in Scotland.
Below, the features, copied and pasted from the web;
Although it shares the violin body shape and body woods, and pickups, the Deluxe is a distinct departure from the Vintage models with a one-piece European maple neck, ebony fretboard, gold-plated hardware, and diamond-shaped mother-of-pearl headstock inlays. A dark, full-body binding that contrasts with the lighter woods of the body is another of the details that sets the Deluxe apart. Responsive and light in weight, it is truly a pleasure to play.

FEATURES[list]
[*]Selected German spruce top, back and sides of selected flamed maple
[*]1-piece maple neck
[*]Ebony fretboard, 22 frets
[*]Abalone double dots
[*]Machine heads: Hofner 61/73B (4 individual)
[*]Hofner 72/20B ebony bridge with movable metal saddles for perfect intonation and string spacing
[*]Hofner 62/30 trapeze tailpiece, brass
[*]Hofner 65/36-B floating celluloid pickguard, black
[*]2 Hofner 511B "Staple" humbucking pickups
[*]Hofner A2-B: Control panel with 2 volume controls, 2 on/off switches, rhythm/solo switch for volume boost
[*]Gold-plated hardware
[*]Full body binding
[*]Natural finish
[/list]
Play a fancier bass than Paul. Order the Deluxe today.
SPECIFICATIONS[list]
[*]Scale: 30" (76cm)
[*]Neck width at nut: 1-5/8" (42mm)
[*]22 frets
[/list]

Edited by Rabbie

A beautiful instrument. I've take the liberty of linking this sale on the Hofner forum that I also help moderate, here...

[url="http://hofnerhounds.com/hofnerhounds/viewtopic.php?t=1642"]Beautiful Hofner 5000/1 up for sale; not Ebay...[/url]

I'll remove it, of course, if it's not appropriate. :blush:
Good luck with the sale.