Why become a member? ×

Hi from Swansea!

atoz2me

[font=georgia,serif] I have been playing bass for about two years (badly in all fairness). I own a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Short Scale Bass in black and a Yamaha trb1006j in natural.[/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=georgia,serif][size=3]But I am looking to purchase another short scale bass, does anyone have any suggestions? I love the sound of LCD sound system but am struggling to find an Epiphone ET-280 bass. Any one know any similar basses? [/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=3]Amy! B) [/size][/font]

Good afternoon, Amy, and ...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167528]

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. I can't help with the bass questions (I'm a drummer... :blush: ), but someone will doubtless be along to guide you.

Edited by Dad3353

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to BC Amy, and as Lewis says - there's more than a few of us from South Wales on here....
So hello from Cardiff.... I know, I know - there's no "Love lost" between Cardiff and Swansea for some - not me, of course :)
Keep your eye out for a local bass bash event (usually organised by our pal Gelfin) - I'm sure a few local BC members may even bring their short scales too, if you ask

The Squier VM Jaguar is pretty well regarded by many players. I played a gig a while back, and the support bands bassist had one with upgraded pickups
Don't ask me which pickups - he did tell me, but I've forgotten (well, it was a while back) The bass sounded superb though. So perhaps you might think of new pickups as an option?

In your search for a new bass, keep your eye on the short scale thread on here to see what models other SS players own, and perhaps on the marketplace, as they do come up for sale second-hand here on BC.
You may also want to consider medium scale (32") I took one in trade a few months back, and I love it! For now, be satisfied with the rather nice basses you have, and make sure you really like and are comfortable with any future purchases.. many of us on here own far too many! lol

Edited by Marc S

Croeso y Basschat Amy,

Another Swansea native here, tho I've lived in Leicestershire for the last 13 years, so it's all changed a bit since then.

In terms of basses, Epiphone do some medium-scale (or even short scale?) SG-shaped EB basses i think. I'm no expert on short scale basses, but as the others here have mentioned, there are some very informative threads and more knowledgeable people on here who can help.

We're a nice bunch generally!