Why become a member? ×

HiFi Speaker Ports

BassBunny

I appreciate that this is not particularly bass related but am sure the BassChat massive should be able to help.
I am helping a friend dispose of some HiFi that includes some freestanding speakers. The speakers are front ported and whilst they have been stored one of the ports has "vanished". I need to source a replacement and so far cannot find the exact same port. I have no problem replacing both so the question is:
As long as the internal diameter and overall length of the port is the same will a different port tube do the job?.
I can find ports with the same internal diameter that will need cutting down but the cabinet will need a bit of "modifying" as the outside diameter is different due to the slightly different design.

Cheers Stevie. The internal diameter is 48mm as far as I can tell. Having had a hunt around the nearest I can find is 50mm as in this one.
https://www.audiomate.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=Black-Moulded-Plastic-Port-Tube-50mm-Internal

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying. It could be these ones: <http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/39213-2x-MNC-Speaker-Port-Cabinet-Bass-Reflex-Tube-44mm/291694230421?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D48155%26meid%3Dd155c9af925643c9972daecacab05632%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D281946720890&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851>